The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Race Cars Now Have Their Own Photo Gallery!
Posted by: Moderator
Date: June 01, 2009 12:25PM

Some of you may have missed my post in the "Race" section of this message board... but you won't want to miss this notice. We've started-up a new British Race Car Photo Gallery. Several new articles have been included to prime the pump.

Incidentally, over seventy MG's are registered to participate in the Gold Cup races this coming weekend at V.I.R. - immediately preceding and in close proximity to our BritishV8 annual meet - so I expect to be uploading more cars soon. The "MG Vintage Racers" have challenged the Morgan racers club to a duel, and about eight or ten Morgans have registered so far. More are expected, but of course Morgan owners are slower. (Ha!)

MGB GT V8's will be racing in "Group 8". Specifically, we'll see traditional rivals Jerry Richards and Les Gonda, joined by Storm Field in his new bright orange MGB GT V8. Medical problems will bench Keith Burnett, but he plans to be in attendance with his newly completed and exceptional blue and white MGB GT V8. (He'll probably run some practice laps.) James Bowler's spectacular green and tan MGB GT V8 will be there for inspection - buy it, add an engine, go racing! Sadly, Blakeley Bruce's yellow MGB GT V8 racecar threw a rod a couple weekends ago, and Blakeley probably won't have a new engine installed in time for this weekend.

Colin1944
Colin King
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
(21 posts)

07/13/2008 12:36PM

Main British Car:
1975 MGB Rover 3.9

Re: Race Cars Now Have Their Own Photo Gallery!
Posted by: Colin1944
Date: June 10, 2009 10:58AM

Here are some pictures from the VIR Gold Cup. They can be viewed at: [public.fotki.com]

I have put all my MG and Morgan pictures first. Sadly there are not too many pictures of the slower Morgans as my main interest was the 'B's.

BTW...the Aero 8 was a beast to drive. No shoulder room, your left arm becomes trapped at your side. The pedal box is wide enough for one average sized foot and finding the brake is a bit of a chore. Gobs of power from the BMW V8 and reasonable traction under hard acceleration. The car was not set up too well as it pulled hard left under braking and there was a fair amount of torque steer. Maybe something was adrift in the rear suspension. This particular car was a pre-production model and has been ridden hard and put away wet on numerous occasions.

Colin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2009 11:03AM by Colin1944.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.