The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

kstevusa
kelly stevenson
Southern Middle Tennessee
(985 posts)

10/25/2007 09:37AM

Main British Car:
2003 Jaguar XK8 Coupe 4.2L DOHC/ VVT / 6sp. AT

authors avatar
Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Posted by: kstevusa
Date: June 11, 2009 05:48PM

Thanks to Max & Emily for a great time. it was great to see old friends and make new ones. Max & Emily put in a lot of effort and time so we could enjoy ourselves. Thanks again!
SAFETY FASTER!

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

10/23/2007 09:23AM

Main British Car:
'73 MG Midget V6 , '59 MGA I6 2.8 GM, 4.0 Jeep

authors avatar
Re: Kudos for Max & Emily for V8 meet!
Posted by: Bill Young
Date: June 11, 2009 06:41PM

I couldn't agree more Kelly. They did a super job. Only my second V8 meet, but one definitely to remember.

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Posted by: mowog1
Date: June 11, 2009 08:22PM

Jean and I pulled into Chateau Ingram at 6:00pm CDT - a 14-hour drive in the MGC from Durham (including a brief breakfast stop, lunch stop, and gas stops in each state except West Virginia).

The weather was OK...rain in NC and WV - a little in KY, IN, and sun in Illinois! The MGC ran like a champ.

It was great seeing/meeting all of you enthusiasts this week.....the time went too rapidly for me!

Max and Emily...kudos once again for a well organized event. Those who were unable to make it...missed a good one!

tr6turbo
Dale Knapke
Sidney, Ohio
(169 posts)

08/24/2008 09:44PM

Main British Car:
1972 Triumph TR6 Ford 2300, 4 Cyl Turbo

Posted by: tr6turbo
Date: June 11, 2009 08:41PM

Max and Emily, Great job!!!!

Even with all the trouble I had I the meet was still a super event for me.

Dale

britcars
Phil Ossinger
New Brunswick, Canada
(346 posts)

02/02/2009 07:58PM

Main British Car:
1977 MGB Roadster, Rover 3.5 ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA!

authors avatar
Posted by: britcars
Date: June 11, 2009 11:34PM

A great job Max and Emily. Having organized large events in the past, I, and I know many others, can appreciate the time, effort and discipline needed to organize and pull of an event. This one was EXCELLENT!!!!!

Were about half way home, in Milford, PA tonight. We made a long stop at the Smithsonian Air Museum near Washington........really worth spending some time there. Drove through really, really heavy ran for a couple of hours in the dark through the mountains. No fun.

Again, a great trip and a super time. Looking forward to British v8 2010.

Phil

SpuriousV8
Jim Brucato

(18 posts)

01/13/2009 10:34PM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB 3.5 Rover

authors avatar
Posted by: SpuriousV8
Date: June 11, 2009 11:42PM

Excellent Job Emily and Max !!! You two did a wonderful job of arranging a memorable Meet !!!

I made it home to South Florida at 10pm. The MG V8 Gods were smiling down upon my car and myself. Not a problem along the way mechanically, Traffic was not an issue either. No Rain at all. But the Excessive Heat in Georgia was killer in the mid-afternoon hours. The car handled it better than I did.

It was great to see all the old crowd, and to meet all people I have come to know from the forums too.

Hope to do it all again !!!

RMO 699F
Mike Maloney
SW Ohio
(531 posts)

12/09/2007 12:28PM

Main British Car:
1974 MGB Sebring GT, 3.9 Rover V8

authors avatar
Posted by: RMO 699F
Date: June 12, 2009 12:54AM

Kay and I made it home @ 11:30 PM, some light drizzle, but all in all a nice trip. Gotta send out mega thanks to Max and Emily for their yeoman efforts to make this event such a huge success...my God, so many cool cars in the locations we visited (eg series one bmw 507, 2002 bmws, the beautiful Italian cars, loved that Fiat Abarth), the tour of Dales machine shop was so educational for this rookie....and the 3 stooges did their normal great job at the auction...and of course seeing all of the attendees again was great...again, double mega thanks to Max and Emily!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 09:50AM by RMO 699F.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: June 12, 2009 12:57AM

I think I was last to pull away from the hotel, at ~11am.

I didn't see any rain today. On my way up to the DC area for a long weekend, I stopped in Richmond for a nice visit with James Bowler. We filled-up the rest of my camera's memory card with photos of James demonstrating hammer-forming and planishing techniques. (I won't get back to Colorado for another five or six days.)

What a great meet! If variety is the spice of life... well, British V8 Meets have proven a particularly spicy addition to my life. I like how distinctively different each of the meets I've attended have been; what a tremendous diversity of cars, people, conversations, activities, etc. - Max and Emily fit a remarkable amount into the schedule this year. They were wonderful hosts in every respect. Getting cars onto the lifts at Flying Circus was great. I knew Motion Machine would be awesome, but I didn't know it would be THAT awesome. Racecars at Tivvy's and Apex, and the tie-in with Gold Cup action were particularly interesting highlights for me. Despite a little personal frustration at the dyno, I learned a bunch and everything there worked out for the best too. The banquet was delightful.

Can't wait 'til next year!

psmg
Paul Schils
Fredonia, WI
(89 posts)

12/13/2007 10:27AM

Main British Car:
1973 MGB-GT, Buick 215 1971 MGB RD, SBF 302

authors avatar
Posted by: psmg
Date: June 12, 2009 08:32AM

Mary and I are still in NC spending some extra time with our daughter and son-in-law. We would like to second all the previous posts and thank Max and Emily for hosting a wonderful event. Everything was first class and well thought out. It was great seeing everyone again and we can't wait until next year.

This group of enthusiasts has to be the GREATEST bunch of people we have ever been associated with. Trying to describe you guys and gals to others is always one of the easiest things to do. Everyone cares, everyone shares, no bickering, lots of laughs, fantastic conversation, friendships generated and maintained, among many other things I'm failing to list. The whole world should look at what we do.

Thanks again to Max and Emily for bringing this group together again.

Paul and Mary

Dan B
Dan Blackwood
South Charleston, WV
(1007 posts)

11/06/2007 01:55PM

Main British Car:
1966 TR4A, 1980 TR7 Multiport EFI MegaSquirt on the TR4A. Lexus V8 pl

authors avatar
Posted by: Dan B
Date: June 12, 2009 10:29AM

Max and Emily,

Thank you so much for your efforts to make this a fantastic event. We even enjoyed the ride to the "other" Umstead Park. Everything was super!

Thanks again!

Dan Blackwood

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: rficalora
Date: June 12, 2009 02:28PM

Totally agree; Max & Emily, you guys did an outstanding job. Great fun for all. Thanks, I know it was a ton of work!

Rob

ex-tyke
Graham Creswick
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
(1165 posts)

10/25/2007 11:17AM

Main British Car:
1976 MGB Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: ex-tyke
Date: June 12, 2009 03:25PM

Just got back from the 2 day return trip from NC about 30 minutes ago. Speaking for myself, Pete S, Gord M, & Dave B, a loud round of applause goes to Max & Emily from the Canadian contingent....all your hard work paid off with the most successful British V8 show to date.

madmax
Max Fulton
Durham, NC
(186 posts)

10/19/2008 07:45PM

Main British Car:
1974 1/2 MGB 1972 MGB 1977 V8 project 1972 B r 1860 cc

Posted by: madmax
Date: June 12, 2009 07:08PM

Geez..... all these accolades.

Well, I said it once before, so I'll say it again here:

Flatter all you want, you're NOT getting The Dickel!!!! :-p

Glad you all got home safe and that you enjoyed yourselves. After 12 years (and 10 meets) of watching others do these shows I can only say that we GREATLY benefited from all the previous meets! I especially thank Paul & Mary, Rick Ingram, Pete Mantell, and Dan Masters for giving me some good "how-to" advice!

Cheers,

Max

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: June 12, 2009 07:41PM

OK, if flattery won't do it, what's it going to take?

Seriously though, wonderful meet, and there's little I can say beyond agreeing with everyone else's sentiments. This does make volunteering for one of these an intimidating affair, but I'd like to point out to anyone considering it that the past organizers just happen to be the most helpful and accommodating people on the planet. So if you do volunteer you are very far from going it alone and will have help and advice every step of the way. Am I right Max?

Jim

brdave
David Burstyn

(12 posts)

10/23/2007 08:51PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: brdave
Date: June 12, 2009 09:37PM

Sorry to have left the banquet early but needed to get some miles behind me. Thanks to Max and Emily for a fantastic meet in a beautiful part of the country. It was great to see you all again. Made it home yesterday evening, no problems with the car until just several miles from home when a bad brake hose heated up a rotor. Pulled into the driveway with the odo reading 00007 miles. Nice to have a new car again.

dave burstyn

Citron
Stephen DeGroat
Lugoff, SC
(367 posts)

10/23/2007 09:43PM

Main British Car:
1970 MGBGT V6, 7004R, AC, matching trailer 3.1 liter

Posted by: Citron
Date: June 13, 2009 09:58AM

We got back with no trouble either.
Had a great time, thanks Max and Emily.
Enjoyed seeing everyone and am looking forward to next year.

Steve and Margaret.

tr302
Ken Nicks
Roaring Gap, NC
(7 posts)

02/10/2009 09:01PM

Main British Car:
1951 Jaguar MKVII Big Block Ford 460

Posted by: tr302
Date: June 13, 2009 10:42PM

I too would like to thank Max and Emily for a very well organized event. I know it was a tremendous amount of work and planning. This was my first event and I really enjoyed myself. Everyone was very friendly and answered my "rookie" questions gladly. You are an exceptional group of "car people" and I look forward to seeing everyone next year. Hopefully with a car with more than 94 rear wheel horsepower. Thanks to ALL and especially to Max and Emily.

Regards,

Ken Nicks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.