The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Photos from NAMGBR 2009!
Posted by: Moderator
Date: June 26, 2009 12:26PM

I know some of you took (or are taking...) really cool photos at NAMGBR's meet...

Why not post your favorites in this thread?

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Photos from NAMGBR 2009!
Date: June 28, 2009 07:10PM

I was pleased to find some cars I'd never seen before at MG2009!

John Ulrich's GT:
JohnUlrich-BA.jpg

JohnUlrich-BB.jpg

Floyd Dowell's MGB:
FloydDowell-BA.jpg

FloydDowell-BB.jpg

We've been promised "How It Was Done" articles...

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Date: June 28, 2009 07:14PM

There were some very nice V6 conversions too!

Dan Shidla's MGB with fuel-injected Camaro 3.4
DanShidla-BB.jpg

Rob Bard's carbureted MGB V6
RobBard-BA.jpg

RobBard-BB.jpg

Note: I failed to get a nice photo of the exterior of Dan's car. If anyone can help me fill that void, I'd really appreciate it. It would be especially nice to have a good photo of Dan with his car.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Date: June 28, 2009 07:40PM

Here's a snapshot of the Buick 215 pulley that broke on John Mangles' MGA... and of the Jeep pulley he found to replace it.

JohnMangles-Pulley.jpg

(The Jeep V6 pulley bolts right on. It includes a second groove, which might be useful for some applications. Its slightly smaller diameter means that the water pump will of course spin faster.)

Tip: have a look at your alternator bracket and make sure your alternator pulley is properly aligned with your water pump pulley. It needs to be. John was lucky! He noticed a wobble in his water pump pulley BEFORE it broke free. If he hadn't, the pulley may very well have ripped a gash in that beautiful custom C&R aluminum radiator.

MG's EX186 was expressly built to race at LeMans as a "prototype".

IMHO, this car was the single most interesting car at MG2009. However, for its safety it was tucked behind a velvet rope. Probably most people walked right past it, completely ignorant of its unique story and unusual features. (Read the story here!)

Well... I'm not one to let a velvet rope deter me! EX186's owner and ever-diligent caretaker, Joe Gunderson, had removed EX186's front and rear belly pans. (All the panels on this car are original and they were handmade from aluminum, so it's quite understandable.) So, I was able to take some nifty photos of EX186's suspension, including specifically its one-off DeDion rear suspension.

JoeGunderson-ZC.jpg

Okay... who can help me here? I want to know what model car that differential was originally from.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.