Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

mangostick
Shawn Mangan

(1 posts)

08/22/2009 12:26AM

Main British Car:

Ford 2.3T and T5 trans for sale
Posted by: mangostick
Date: August 22, 2009 01:15AM

Hello all,

Well the time has come to evolve my merkur onto bigger and better motivation so I'm selling the modified 2.3T engine and trans that I have in the car currently. I've heard around the way that you guys like this combo.. and I'd like to see it go to a loving home.

Here's a breakdown of the mod list

factory low mileage 2.3T bottom end. ( aprox 50k mi)
Esslinger Racing D port cylinder head w/ full port/polish 64cc chambers, big valves.
Racer Walsh turbo roller cam (.400 lift, 200* dur int/exh.)
ARP studs/nuts, Felpro 1035 head gasket
ported/polished lower intake, Rotated and gutted upper intake (both parts from 40bob.com)
EMS stinger4 standalone ECU (including harness, all included with engine and tuned)
56pph injectors
turbojoe fuel rail
40Bob's Log header
PT&E 5031E 3/4hybrid turbo
AEM dry element air filter
mandrel bent 3" downpipe
DG design alum thermostat housing (drilled and tapped for autometer temp sensor)
cooling system simplification (merkur driver side plumbing eliminated, lower intake passage plugged)
remote oil cooler adapter (w/ internal t-stat)
DG design aluminum timing pointer

Trans is a T5 from a 92 4cyl mustang, including steeda triax shifter.

Not including the trans I've got over 7k into the mill.. I'm looking for $6k obo

The engine is still in the xr4ti and runs quite nicely. If your local to the Norfolk VA area I will happily allow test drives. I estimate 300rwhp on current tune/cam combo however will be running the car one last time on the dyno to verify. Prior to changing to the current cam (previously had a esslinger racing 2277T installed) It dyno'd 362hp and 303ftlb at the wheels @26psi. Its a potent powerplant, I've just decided its time to evolve to a v8.

I'd prefer not ship this as even freight rates would be rather expensive, local pickup would be best.

Located in Norfolk VA
phone is 352.346.2942 (cell)
email: mangostick@yahoo.com

Thanks!!
Shawn Mangan

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h14/mangostick/motormounts004.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.