Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

bcliff
Bruce Clifford

(2 posts)

11/19/2009 04:27PM

Main British Car:

MGB V8 project for sale
Posted by: bcliff
Date: November 19, 2009 04:43PM

I have run across a V8 project that the current owner wants to sell. I'm a 4cyl guy, so it is not for me. It is as follows:
78Roadster body. All the rust has been replaced with new metal, welds need to be finished. Welding was done by someone that knew what they were doing.
Drivetrain is an Olds 215/T5. Driveshaft has been fabricated. Drivetrain is not installed. Engine is fully machined With everything new. Car is nearly complete with LOTS of new stuff and LOTS of extra parts. It will need soft parts like seat covers etc. It also has a SnugTop hardtop.
He has the rubber bumpers as well as the bumpers and hardware to convert it to chrome.
He has been collecting parts for over ten years, so the legwork finding hard to find parts is done, you put it together.
The owner is moving out of state and doesn't want to move it. He's open to offers, and even low ones won't piss him off. I image you could pick it up for the cost of buying the engine and having the machine work done.
If interested I can send pictures and a phone number.
I don't visit this list often, so email me for pictures and much more detail. It took me over two hours to look at all the parts and take pictures. There is a lot of stuff. Somebody buy this car and finish it!!
Bruce

bcliff
Bruce Clifford

(2 posts)

11/19/2009 04:27PM

Main British Car:

Re: MGB V8 project for sale
Posted by: bcliff
Date: November 19, 2009 04:46PM

If you want to email me about the V* project car, my email is brucelclifford at msn dot com.
Just replace the at and dot with the proper symbols
Bruce

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: November 19, 2009 04:58PM

Out of curiosity, here are a couple quick questions...

1) compression ratio? (It's partly a function of which Olds 215 head castings were used.)
2) who did the machine work?
3) who assembled the engine?
4) which model T5? ("world class" vs. the older style? which 5th gear ratio?)
5) which flywheel and slave cylinder?
6) where is this stuff located?

Thanks!

abby
RICHARD Johnson

(1 posts)

12/11/2009 12:16PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: abby
Date: December 29, 2009 01:11PM

Still for sale? What kind of rear end?

2fordracer
Ronnie Hourigan
Plymouth, IN
(18 posts)

03/07/2010 03:36PM

Main British Car:
1978 MG V8 Midget 302 Ford

authors avatar
Posted by: 2fordracer
Date: March 07, 2010 04:00PM

I'm looking for a project like this. Where is it located and what's the price? Please send pics to ford_racer_ron@hotmail.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.