Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Black P-38
Mike Caldwell
Kentucky
(51 posts)

09/18/2008 12:56AM

Main British Car:
None Squirrel Cage & 2 Squirrel

1998 Rover 4.0 V8 with 83k miles...
Posted by: Black P-38
Date: December 18, 2009 04:59PM

Hey Guys,
Well, I cannot put this off any longer so I'm selling my 4.0 Range Rover V8... This is a US spec motor without secondary air, (smog), pump.
Engine was purchased from a major British Dismantler in California, run tested and given a clean bill of health.
Has 83,000 miles and is clean inside and out. I removed the pan and timing cover to verify condition as well as to install a new crank gear, cam gear and timing chain. Has new timing cover seal and gasket, oil pan has been re-sealed. This is the 4-bolt block, distributorless motor that has the most compact front drive setup available, the serpentine drive pulley IS the crank damper. The forwardmost edge of the pulley is only 4 3/4 inches from the front of the block, overall length from rear of block to front of crank pulley is only 25 inches. Width of motor from valve cover to valve cover is only 20 inches.

Motor is complete with intake, upper and lower plenum with throttle shaft & butterfly, Throttle Position Sensor, injectors, fuel rails, regulator, all intake mounted sensors, thermostat housing, heater hose fittings, timing cover, cam position sensor, water pump, correct aluminum valve covers, oil fill cap, stainless dipstick tube, dipstick, starter, etc. I do not have the wiring harness or ECU as I had planned to go with a Mega Squirt ECU.

I need a quick sale so I am offering this very clean '98 Range Rover V8 for the very reasonable price of only $950!!! Will bolt into covered custom built shipping crate at no extra charge. Provide me with your zip and I will get you an accurate shipping charge to the lower 48 states.

I also have available the damper/serpentine drive pulley which has a nice 36-1 trigger wheel, (for megasquirt), mounted to the backside of it with a custom machined brass concentric adapter, NEW EDIS-8 module, a nice clean pair of used EDIS coils, mounted to a modified Rover coil bracket, VR sensor, connector plugs and pigtails etc. Let me know what you need and I'll figure out the pricing. Parts are located in North Bend, OR

Need to locate the disc I have with pics, will post them ASAP.

THANKS GUYS!!!
Mike 541-808-1182

Black P-38
Mike Caldwell
Kentucky
(51 posts)

Main British Car:

Re: 1998 Rover 4.0 V8 with 83k miles...
Date: December 23, 2009 04:48AM

Still looking for pics, here are a few of the test fit in my Ranger project...
Test Fit.jpg
Test fit 2.jpg
Test fit 3.jpg
Test fit 4.jpg

Black P-38
Mike Caldwell
Kentucky
(51 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: January 04, 2010 09:53AM

I am lowering the price to $875. I misquoted the miles, it actually has 82k miles...
Here's a pic of the front showing the new timing chain and gears. Note how clean the water jackets are... don't let the shadowing fool you, they are silver/gray to the naked eye.

Mike
Rover timing set.jpg

Black P-38
Mike Caldwell
Kentucky
(51 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: January 05, 2010 12:19PM

Okay, nobody is interested in the motor so I am parting it out!!! Let me know what you need and I'll get you a price, motor is no longer offered for sale as a complete unit.

Thanks,
Mike Caldwell 541-808-1182

Black P-38
Mike Caldwell
Kentucky
(51 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: January 13, 2010 05:44PM

4.0 and accessories have all sold... :o)

Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.