Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

tr8todd
Todd Kishbach

(390 posts)

12/04/2009 07:42AM

Main British Car:

1980 TR8 platinum conv $5500
Posted by: tr8todd
Date: January 19, 2010 07:40AM

This car is still bone stock. Extremely solid car. 60 something thousand miles. I bought it about a year ago and spent some time tinkering with it last summer. It had been sitting since 1999, and used as a weekend only summer car before that. Always garaged. It has some of the issues you would expect with a stock TR8, including hard starting, tempermental cooling fans, and a soft suspension. I spent hours sorting thru corroded electrical contacts, bulbs, switches and senders getting everything working. Only issue remaining preventing someone from getting in and driving away is the cooling fans. I spent a couple of hours on them and decided it would be better to install an aftermarket electric fan and temp switch. I bought those but have not installed them yet. I ordinarily would have just torn into the car and stated modifying everything to my taste, but since it's still stock, and some people want stock, I am offering it up as it sits. If it doesn't sell by Spring, I'll put in a cam, headers, 4 barrel, aluminum radiator, and uprated suspension. My wife all ready said she wanted the car if it stays. I have way too many other projects taking up my time and resources to build a car for my wife. It's easier to just sell it. Honestly, with all of the other cars around here, she won't even notice it's gone. Car is located in SE Mass near Cape Cod.
DSC01699.jpg
DSC01702.jpg
DSC01704.jpg
DSC01705.jpg

spridget
bill green
Maine
(68 posts)

03/22/2008 01:29PM

Main British Car:
3 1980 TR8, 1 TR7 2 Bugeye Sprite 1 MG midget TR8 3.5 and 5.0, Sprite 1098 and ?

Re: 1980 TR8 platinum conv $5500
Posted by: spridget
Date: January 27, 2010 08:53AM

Hi, Can you tell me more about your TR8. I would like to know about rust issues past and present. Is the paint original or a repaint and its present condition. Can you tell me more about the hard starting problem. Condition of the interior. Does the AC work and has it been converted to R134. Any transmission issues? Original exhaust? Oil/other Fluid leaks. Has the car undergone a State inspection recently? Does it have a radio? Do the cooling fans work at all? Condition of top and is the cover for the top in its retracted position included. Would the car be capable of a trip 250-300 miles in its present condition. Where did the car come from and how much past history do you have. I am familiar with English cars and TR8s (I have 2) so you can be specific.
Thanks
Bill

tr8todd
Todd Kishbach

(390 posts)

12/04/2009 07:42AM

Main British Car:

Re: 1980 TR8 platinum conv $5500
Posted by: tr8todd
Date: January 27, 2010 09:39AM

Your best bet would be to call me. A conversation is better than hitting the keyboard. 508-866-9464

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.