Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Black P-38
Mike Caldwell
Kentucky
(51 posts)

09/18/2008 12:56AM

Main British Car:
None Squirrel Cage & 2 Squirrel

Interim(?) type timing cover and damper/serpentine crank pulley from 4.0...
Posted by: Black P-38
Date: January 22, 2010 11:16AM

Hey Guys,

I hope I'm describing this correctly... Interim(?) type timing cover and damper/serpentine crank pulley from a running 4.0...This front cover is the casting with the gerotor crank driven oil pump but still has the extended upper segment with the distributor recess boss cast in but the bottom isn't open, it's like a cylindrical "pocket" where the dizzy would go.

I believe this type of cover can be used for those who wish to have the better, more reliable crank driven pump but still prefer to run a distributor rather than a CPU based ignition, (like for a carbureted application), while enjoying the added benefit of a serpentine drive thanks to the matching damper/ serp pulley.

I'm posting a couple pics I found to show what it is. I still need to take a few of my particular pieces but these will help identify what I'm talking about...

Land_Range_Rover_Discovery_Front_Cover_Oil_Pump1.jpg

Land_Range_Rover_Discovery_Front_Cover_Oil_Pump2.jpg

If anyone has an interest in the pieces I have... I will be selling both the cover and damper with crank bolt and washer for $150, shipped FREE to the US via Priority Mail. Check back for pictures of my actual used pieces...

THANKS!
Mike Caldwell 541-808-1182

Black P-38
Mike Caldwell
Kentucky
(51 posts)

Main British Car:

Re: Interim(?) type timing cover and damper/serpentine crank pulley from 4.0...
Date: February 05, 2010 04:41AM

Okay, I finally got pics of my actual timing cover and damper, (as I said above, the previous pics were only to illustrate the piece I was describing). Though not shown, the large crank bolt and washer ARE included...

Interim timing cover 4.0.jpg

Interim timing cover 4.0 inside.jpg

Interim timing cover 4.0 top.jpg

Rover long damper.jpg

Rover long damper rear.jpg

Black P-38
Mike Caldwell
Kentucky
(51 posts)

Main British Car:

Re: Interim(?) type timing cover and damper/serpentine crank pulley from 4.0...
Date: February 06, 2010 11:30AM

Part # on cover is HOBOURN HE1310074

Price reduced to $135 shipped to the lower 48 states. That's for the timing cover, damper and crank bolt with heavy washer.

Thanks,
Mike 541-808-1182

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.