Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

filospinato
Jake Voelckers

(18 posts)

01/15/2008 10:44PM

Main British Car:

WTS: MGC 3.07 wire wheel rear end (43/14), modified
Posted by: filospinato
Date: October 12, 2015 01:29AM

The plan with this rear end was to put it under my MGB V8 instead of the stock differential. Well, I've had this for almost 10 years and it still hasn't gone under the car. I did, however, pull the back cover and replace the fiber and copper cup washers under the spider gears. Everything inside is super clean and shows almost no wear. Both rebound strap bolts are intact, no broken casting webs on the outside. I haven't replaced the axle seals.

The mod is that I replaced the MGC pinion flange with an MGB one to accommodate my current V8 driveshaft flange. IIRC, I replaced the pinion seal during the flange swap, but can't be quite sure. I don't think I still have the MGC flange but I can look around. No MGC hubs or brake parts are present, but I can throw in a pair of MGB brake backing plates if you want to go with an MGB brake setup.

If planning on running steel wheels, I also had a pair of ¾" aluminum wheel spacers machined up and black anodized to push my steel wheels out to proper track width, and bought 2 sets of extended lug bolts to install into MGB hubs (also never happened). I can include these spacers, lugs and hubs for a little extra.

Parts are located just outside of Sacramento, CA. Best option for me would be if someone collected this stuff (I can help you load it), or I may be able to deliver it within a reasonable radius from 95608. I'm not opposed to shipping it via freight if the buyer works out the details, I can strap it to a small pallet for loading/shipping.

Price is $1100. Part of the reason for selling is due to an a potential upcoming move. If it doesn't sell, I'll bring it with me, maybe it'll go under the car in the next 10 years. Serious inquiries welcome.

P9222630.JPG

P9222633.JPG

filospinato
Jake Voelckers

(18 posts)

Main British Car:

Re: WTS: MGC 3.07 wire wheel rear end (43/14), modified
Date: October 16, 2015 05:34PM

Price drop, $950.

filospinato
Jake Voelckers

(18 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: December 01, 2015 03:33PM

Price drop to $800.

filospinato
Jake Voelckers

(18 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: December 06, 2015 11:31AM

Found the old pinion oil seal, so I can confirm that I swapped it out at the time of flange change.
Rear hubs, custom wheel spacers and longer studs included in the deal.
$800

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.