Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

ex-tyke
Graham Creswick
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
(1165 posts)

10/25/2007 11:17AM

Main British Car:
1976 MGB Ford 302

authors avatar
FOR SALE: Complete OLDS 215 V8 conversion for MGB
Posted by: ex-tyke
Date: January 10, 2016 05:16PM

All conversion components required for installation of an Olds 215/T5 into an MGB. These are all the components I had operational in my ‘76B for a couple of years until the switch to a Ford 302
At the time of original Olds conversion, both engine and xsmn were professionally rebuilt and have less than 8K miles running time – most everything else was brand new. Last year I did a mild refresh and replaced all lifters, some pushrods, some gaskets, paint, etc. and replaced the original 10” McLeod clutch with a brand new 9-1/4” GM disc and pressure plate for an S10 application, because, as I recall, the McLeod felt ‘heavy’....the McLeod clutch will go with the package.
The Olds 215 has 10.25 CR pistons, original GM 4bbl intake manifold w/Carter/Edelbrock 500cfm (manual choke) carb, Crower 50232 cam, aluminum nose GM start motor, and a Weber aluminum flywheel.....xsmn is T5 WC from a V8 Camaro with 2.95 first and 0.63 OD.
Conversion 1.jpg

Conversion 2.jpg

Conversion components include: new MG V8 engine mounts, accessory drive, distributor/wires, bellhousing, clutch, blockhugger exhaust manifolds, xsmn/mount, 90 degree ratio adapter for the speed cable, speedo cable for a std 3” dia MG gauge, McLeod HTOB, driveshaft (for std MG axle), 500 Carter carb, air cleaner, shifter, exhaust components (either single or dual), engine oil filter adapter, 1-wire Delco 61amp CS121 alternator, drop base air cleaner, intake mounted MGB heater valve, yadda, yadda, yadda. If using std 3” gauges, I can include an original tach modified for 8 cyl pulses.
Component photos show complete propshaft/joints and an extra u-joint/flange for the MG axle, Carter 500cfm carb, new 14” drop base air cleaner, 10” Weber clutch, shifter stub, Camaro shifter, speedo cable, new oil filter, and two exhaust systems ....two down pipes for a single muffler/same side exit design and a dual setup (second photo) which is the system I had on my conversion (but requires a centred fuel tank)...all other unique Olds conversion parts should be attached to the engine/xsmn per attached photos

Conversion 3.jpg

attachment 17328 Conversion4.jpg]

I can also rustle up a viscous drive and fan that was used in my conversion if the purchaser does not intend to go electric.
Most will understand the total cost of doing a conversion – this “kit” is priced at $4000 US for the complete conversion package...pickup would be in Chatham, Ont., (50 miles East of Detroit).
Conversion 4.jpg

ex-tyke
Graham Creswick
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
(1165 posts)

10/25/2007 11:17AM

Main British Car:
1976 MGB Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: FOR SALE: Complete OLDS 215 V8 conversion for MGB
Posted by: ex-tyke
Date: January 21, 2016 02:25PM

Conversion kit has been [SOLD]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.