Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

PianoJay
Jay Simpson
Mahomet, IL
(3 posts)

07/31/2016 08:49PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Eventually a Ford 302.

authors avatar
WTB double tube roll bar
Posted by: PianoJay
Date: August 24, 2016 01:36PM

I'm looking to buy a double-tube roll bar like the one pictured for a 1979 MGB. I'd prefer not to buy it from across the pond due to shipping and potentially customs charges. I haven't found a source in the US so if you know one, please let me know.

Otherwise, a used one in good shape is fine (no dents, etc.) but finish is not too big of a deal as I would just have it powercoated.

I would like the cover as well which doesn't necessarily need to be in good shape as long as an upholsterer can use it as a pattern. Of course I am looking for a good deal. Hopefully shipping wouldn't be too high. Just PM me. Thanks.

Jay
Roll bar.jpg
Roll bar 2.jpg

RMO 699F
Mike Maloney
SW Ohio
(531 posts)

12/09/2007 12:28PM

Main British Car:
1974 MGB Sebring GT, 3.9 Rover V8

authors avatar
Re: WTB double tube roll bar
Posted by: RMO 699F
Date: August 25, 2016 03:46PM

That rollbar was made by a British company called Safety Devices...they also made one for the Spridget...I have asked my Arkley friends on the other side of the pond to see if they could locate one..thats been a few years ago as I recall...if I remember correctly, I contacted the company a couple years ago and these roll bars are no longer veing produced

RMO 699F
Mike Maloney
SW Ohio
(531 posts)

12/09/2007 12:28PM

Main British Car:
1974 MGB Sebring GT, 3.9 Rover V8

authors avatar
Posted by: RMO 699F
Date: August 25, 2016 03:49PM

tr8todd
Todd Kishbach

(390 posts)

12/04/2009 07:42AM

Main British Car:

Posted by: tr8todd
Date: August 28, 2016 06:22AM

If you ask around, I'd be willing to bet you could find someone local with a pipe bender that could make one up for you. I've been building cages for years, and thats about the easiest roll bar ever to make. Not the safest, but its easy. For proper DOM tubing and plates, your looking at about $100 in materials. I'd guess about 3 to 4 hours work depending own whether the interior is removed for not. Trying to tack weld something and worry about splatter burning a hole in someone's door panel or carpet really adds time to a welding project. I'll never build another SCCA showroom stock roll cage again because of this. Spend as much time removing, working around, and reinstalling soft parts as you do cutting and welding.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.