Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Phillip G
Phillip Leonard
Kansas City
(395 posts)

02/03/2008 04:12PM

Main British Car:
1992 MG RV8 Rover 3.5

road racing oil pan
Posted by: Phillip G
Date: February 17, 2008 11:25AM

Gentlemen,

My SCCA GT2 RV8 project is progressing and a first, mild 3.5 Rover engine is nearing completion.

The short block will be asembled soon and a next step is an appropriate oil pan to cover the bottom and, much more important, to meet the rigors of SCCA road racing. We most often run 16 laps in Regional races and 24 laps in National races.

I have a good "stock" Rover pan and a good "stock" Buick 215 oil pan. Either will temporarily fit and cover the bottom end.

I havre always used an Accusump in SCCA racing, and will do so on the Rover 3.5 V8, unless you builders have reasons not to do so. Comments ?

Now, I need to purchase or make a suitable trade for a modified and enlarged Rover 3.5 V8 oil pan - specifically for SCCA road racing. Ground clearance is crucial and capacity is crucial - not to mention baffling and piano hinged windage trays.

If I have to make ( and find help in modifying) an oil pan, it will delay progress and would no doubt cost a lot more than one already sitting on the shelf.

Does anyone have a lead on a RV8 oil pan for a road racing RV8 w/the Rover 3.5V8 ?

Phillip G

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: road racing oil pan
Posted by: Moderator
Date: February 17, 2008 02:15PM

I don't know of a racing pan that will bolt-on off-the-shelf, but Speedway Motors offers a kit for modifying/enlarging one of your existing oil pans and adding baffles. It was discussed in this article: [www.britishv8.org]

Oil-Pan-6.jpg

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4511 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: February 17, 2008 11:06PM

I do. J.E. Developments builds a nice one

Read more about baffled oil pans (sumps) here:

[www.seight.com]

Phillip G
Phillip Leonard
Kansas City
(395 posts)

02/03/2008 04:12PM

Main British Car:
1992 MG RV8 Rover 3.5

Posted by: Phillip G
Date: February 18, 2008 02:12PM

www.seight,

Thank you very much for the info on the oil sumps. Great stuff !

Phillip G

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.