Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

midgetv8
Wesley Biel

(2 posts)

05/13/2010 12:47PM

Main British Car:

74 Midget V8 Project car 302 Ford
Posted by: midgetv8
Date: May 25, 2010 01:53PM

First off the motor had around 75000 on it when i pulled it. The donor car was an 85 LTD.
I tore the topend appart and took the valves out and cleaned all the grime off, put new seals in and ported the exaust side to match the shorty headers. Put on the edelbrock performer 302 intake manifold. I got an edelbrock 600 or 650 CFM carb, and built a custom ram air style lid for the carb, it fits perfect with a 1inch spacer. Accell Wires and Coil. electronic ignition. Copper gaskets for the headers with APR bolts to keep the headers on the car.

I have 2 1/4inch collectors, pipe, and summit true 2 1/4 muflers for the exaust system.

Miata seats with the speakers in the headrests.

Had a 9inch rearend out of a truck narrowed to 38inches so it would fit without having to mess with the body. 2 sets of pumkins set up with differand grear sets. Built new rear well tubs to fit. I have 2 Magmun 500 rims off of a mustang because they look close to the rims MG used, and i liked that look. I have mg caps and chrome lug nuts for all the wheels.

Made a custom stearing shaft that wont get in the way of the V8, and isn't hard to stear.

On the MG i built a new center consol to accomidate the AOD and modified the crossmember from the LTD to fit under the MG.

I didn't like the pitman arm style suspencion on the MG so i built a upper wishbone style fork for the front so a shock from a 87 van can be used. One side is nearly finished on the car. I cut the springs to lower the front end of the car about 2 inches. I also replaced the wheel bearings on both sides got new hoses, pads, bushings, discs, and rebuilt the master. Custom modified the gas pedal to work with the 302, modified the B&M shifter to fit the new consol. Modified the Shift cable to work with the AOD tranny. I fit a jeep Radiator to the front of the MG and built the needed brackets.

I built a fuel cell to fit in the trunk with Autometer fuel sender and Autometer fuel gauge that works with sender. SunPro temp, pressure, and volt gauges that match the fuel and speedo.

I have a good winshield Frame, with bad glass, I think i have a good top, but cant remember on that one.

The body if ruff in spots but nuthing that cant be fixed. the 302 and AOD fit in the car right now, but a lot of welding work will be needed to make a street drivable car out of it. But in the same regard I have a bunch of work into it already.

Project is located in Oklahoma city. There are boxes and boxes of parts that I have been gathering for this project, new window crancks, switches, oil relocator kit, oil cooler, braided lines for the cooling system, ect.

This project was under the concept of the Ford Cobra, so that was where i was going with the look.

I would like to get around $2,500 out of the project, but thats by no means firm.
If you would like to reach me my email is wesleybiel at yahoo dot com. Thanks
ron 1.jpg
ron 2.jpg
ron 3.jpg
ron 4.jpg
ron 6.jpg

midgetv8
Wesley Biel

(2 posts)

05/13/2010 12:47PM

Main British Car:

Re: 74 Midget V8 Project car 302 Ford
Posted by: midgetv8
Date: July 30, 2010 01:32PM

Well i have started parting this car out, if there are any parts you think you can use just let me know.

Thanks

highmileage
B. D. Howard
LSD (Lower Slower Delaware)
(29 posts)

08/10/2010 04:41PM

Main British Car:
Fidget and Jagrolet Fidget -Ford V8 powered Midget, Jag XJ w/ Chevy V8

Re: 74 Midget V8 Project car 302 Ford
Posted by: highmileage
Date: August 11, 2010 01:59PM

What happened that you decided to part it out?

I had to look at the dates on your postings - I though that you could be the one who built my car!

Click: [forum.britishv8.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.