Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

TVR3000S
Scott Gottlieb

(1 posts)

07/07/2010 04:18PM

Main British Car:

1979 TVR 3000S ( for sale)
Posted by: TVR3000S
Date: July 07, 2010 04:31PM

FOR SALE
1979 TVR 3000 S
Serial #4514FM
Engine # D9721-9
Exterior: Gold Metallic
Interior: Black cloth & black soft-top.

One of only 258 built between 1978-1979, and one of only 58 to 60 imported to the United States. I purchased the car with 8,273 miles on May 28, 2005 from a multi-TVR collector. The current mileage is less than 13,000 miles, (average driving of 1,000 miles/yr) and has always been stored indoors during my five yr ownership.

Engine: Original 3 liter British FORD “Essex” V-6 (142bhp at 5000 rpm) with emissions completely in tact. The engine runs strong, (highway speeds (70mph) at only 3000 rpm in fourth) and the transmission is in good shape and shifts smoothly thru all four gears. Prior to my ownership the original exhaust has been replaced from the catalytic converter back.
From Octane Magazine’s Classic Sports Car Buying Guide: “ If serviced properly and not thrashed too much, this engine will clock up 200,000 miles before a rebuild is needed”.

Exterior: Never involved in any accidents. The original factory paint is in good condition for its 31-year history. There are a few chips as you might expect to find in an original car of this age. All glass is original and in excellent condition, as is the chrome, with the exception that the fuel cap is pitted. The car currently has HRE Performance Wheels. I contacted HRE to get background info on the wheels. These 3 piece wheels (model# 504?) are from the early 1990’s and at that time retailed for approximately $3000 for the set. I have the full set of original factory alloy T-Slot rims that are included with the sale. The convertible top is original and in very good shape, aside from some slight tearing at one of fasteners. All of the button snaps operate properly. The plastic window section is not fogged. The original side curtains are in excellent shape and fully operational. One of the front rubber bumperettes (drivers side) has a six-inch crack on its lower surface, not visible unless you’re on the ground.

Interior: Completely original and in good shape, aside from the headrest cushions which could benefit from a refilling, and some tearing on the rear of the driver’s seat (as a result of contact with the convertible top bracketry. There is a small (nickel sized) flaw on the console. All of the gauges are original and operational. The car currently has a Sony CDX-GT610UI compact disk player with iPod capability, and after-market Blaupunkt speakers installed in each door. These speakers were installed by one of the five prior owners. The original Blaupunkt cassette radio is included in the sale. Carpeting is original and in fine shape.

Enclosed are some notes regarding service history from my purchase until present: Note only professionals specializing in British sports cars did work performed on the car.

June 2005 The car received a Vehicle Inspection Report & Job Proposal from Automotive Restorations in Stratford, CT.

June 2005 The following parts were purchased (via David Gerald)
Condenser, Rotor Arm, Distributor Cap, points, Contact breaker, Plug Lead Set, Air Filter, M
Suspension Bushing, Top Hose, Bottom Hose, Battery Clamp Kit, Battery Kill Switch, (2) Front Wheel BRG Kit including seals, (2) Upper Ball Joint, (2) Wheel Cylinder, (2) Track Rod End, (2) ARB Link, Axle set Brake Shoes, Brake Pad set, Speedo Cable, Fan Belt, Oil Cap

July 2005 The above parts were installed as well as a full tune up including changing all fluids, and swapping position of tachometer and speedometer gauges. Locate and repair vacuum leak.

April 2007 Replace Starter Solenoid, Replace Speedo Cable, Replace (2) Sealed Beam, Install (4) Yokohama AVID H4S, 215 60-15 All-Season Tires.

June 2007 Install Stereo (described above), Repair Hood latch.

May 2008 Tune up, Installed new master brake cylinder, (purchased via Classic Motor Works) flush brake system.

The following are also included in the sale: M Series Spare Parts Catalogue 1972-1980, TVR Owners Handbook with the 3000S Supplement for U.S. Models. Original “TVR Cars of America Huntington, New York “ factory window sticker.

Serious Inquiries Only
Asking $26,500
Contact Scott Gottlieb at sgottlieb@everetthall.com (CT)
203 223-0129
3000S Driver profile.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.