Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

KeyGuy
Pete Groh

(2 posts)

10/25/2007 11:41AM

Main British Car:

Locks and keys,
Posted by: KeyGuy
Date: October 25, 2007 12:00PM

I am a long time member of VTR and TRA, and used to be a Member of TSOA. Years ago, purchased a closed British Leyland Triumph dealership parts, sign and his key cutting equipment. I cut keys to code using american key blanks and have wilmot breeden keys stamped union.

For car owners looking for extra key blanks for there car, get go to this interchange site. You can get a duplicate key cut locally in your area. In my area, Ellicott City, MD have a ACE hardware store. You can not get this service at Home Depot or Lowe's. When owners lose their car keys, advise them where to find the key code numbers. On early cars, number were stamped on the face of the switch. Around 1963- 1965, no letters numbers on the face of the switch. Up until 1968, used the FS series keys,number range 876-955. I do have a ring of pre-cut keys that I send to car owners. Have to insert each key into the lock, determine correct key code number. Can than get a key cut locally in there area.

[www.team.net]

For information on how keys and locks work, see this saved data.
[www.team.net]

For car build record data, 4 types to requests.
Least expensive is with the Chassis number. 35 Pounds
[www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.