Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Lorenz
Lorenz Hassenstein
Connecticut
(2 posts)

02/28/2011 01:55PM

Main British Car:
68 MGB GT V8, MGB, TR7 V8, TR8

authors avatar
MGB GT V8 (for road use, track days, or easy conversion to racing)
Posted by: Lorenz
Date: February 28, 2011 02:11PM

http://www.britishv8.org/MG/LorenzHassenstein/LorenzHassenstein-AA.jpg

After six years in the making, this street-legal NASA competitor is ready to race.

• clean and straight tub including 6-point rollcage fitted with fiberglass Sebring body panel kit.
• very clean paint.
• two sets of wheels.
• oversized 3"-core radiator,
• bellhousing,
• T5 transmission,
• Dana 70 ("postal Jeep") rear with 3.73:1 gears included.
• Thru-fender headers with 1 5/8" runners feed a custom 2.5" dual exhaust system, including X-pipe.
• Wilwood 12" disk brakes on all four corners with proportioning valve and tandem master.
• Tilton clutch master.
• Koni and Spax adjustable shocks for the rear and uprated front MG shocks on 2" lowered racing springs.
• 1" front and 5/8" rear sway bars complimented by trailing control arms make the car amazingly agile.

Full build details and additional photos appear here: Lorenz Hassenstein's Rover Aluminum V8 Powered 1968 MGB-GT

The car will be sold less the motor, has never been raced, was built with all new components and has less than 4,000 miles on the drive train. The car is located in Connecticut. While I enjoyed building this car my interests have moved to other projects. Serious inquiries only. (Contact via PM preferred.)

Bubba
Bubba Lineberry

(1 posts)

12/21/2009 10:07PM

Main British Car:

Re: MGB GT V8 (for road use, track days, or easy conversion to racing)
Posted by: Bubba
Date: February 28, 2011 06:52PM

Hi wanted to get your phone number.Would like to look at your MGB-Gt.I live in CT.

tr8todd
Todd Kishbach

(390 posts)

12/04/2009 07:42AM

Main British Car:

Posted by: tr8todd
Date: March 01, 2011 08:37PM

Guys, I've been for several rides in this car and even had it on my trailer once. It's awesome. Build quality is second to none. A real no excuses car.

steevesdbs
Steeve Desbiens

(4 posts)

07/28/2010 08:08AM

Main British Car:
1953 MG TD Ford 289 Hi Po

Posted by: steevesdbs
Date: April 19, 2011 12:56PM

The car is still for sale?

Thanks Steve

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: April 19, 2011 04:07PM

Sold!

I've just confirmed that Alan Tosler will be buying this car and converting it to SVRA Group 8 specification - so we'll likely see it actively raced. Alan already has years of experience racing an outstanding four cylinder MGB, and as I recall Alan has shared Les Gonda's MGB GT V8 in an enduro or two. If things come together the way they're looking now, we could see eight MGB GT V8s gridded up and racing together in 2012!

Since quite a lot of the parts on this car don't suit SVRA specs (e.g. rear disc brakes), we can also expect that they'll end up for sale in future BritishV8 classified ads.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.