Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Range Rover Headers
Posted by: Moderator
Date: April 01, 2008 04:34PM

I'm gonna give fellow "British V8" fans first shot at these, before putting them up for auction on eBay. These tri-y headers came to me along with a Range Rover 4.0L V8 engine. I don't need them. They'll fit any Buick/Olds/Rover aluminum V8, although frankly they probably aren't well suited for most MGB V8 conversions because of packaging issues. That said, they're nice headers available at a bargain price.

Procedes of this sale will go directly to British V8's operating budget!

Rover-Headers-A.jpg

Rover-Headers-B.jpg

Rover-Headers-C.jpg

Rover-Headers-D.jpg

For the sake of comparison, here are two current eBay auctions for similar headers:
[cgi.ebay.com]
[cgi.ebay.com]
Please notice that the eBay seller is offering the LH header for $169.99 plus $64.99/shipping, and the RH header for $169.99 plus $59.99/shipping.

I'd be happy to sell them for $250 the pair, with the metal heat shields included as shown in my photos, and with "ground" shipping included FREE for any buyer in USA or Canada. I can accept payment by all the usual methods: PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, etc.

The "private message" system is a good way to reach me... but all my contact info appears here also: [www.britishv8.org]

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Range Rover Headers
Date: April 03, 2008 01:20PM

I've received a couple e-mails about these headers, so I'll post answers here... plus there was one question I couldn't answer.

1) Glen Towery pointed out that these are stainless steel headers. They're REALLY nicely made, with a priority on durability.

2) On the driver's side header where there should be three studs to mate with an exhaust pipe, one of the three studs is completely missing - thankfully NOT broken off.

3) The heat shields are actually composed of two layers of thin sheetmetal with a tiny air gap between them.

4) The "outer" heat shields are bolted onto the header flanges via some pretty funky specialized bolts - all four of them are included! The "inner" heat shields get bolted to the "outer" heat shields. I don't have the original bolts, but a generic short bolt/nut combination would work.

PLEASE HELP me answer Dennis Miller's question: "Will these headers fit on a TR8?"

If these headers don't sell here, I'll probably put them up for auction starting Sunday night. I'll have some other Range Rover parts cleaned up and photographed by that time... let me know if you'd like some alloy Rover valve covers, a Range Rover deep-sump baffled oil pan (fits 4.0 and 4.6 only due to the pick-up and timing-cover... but could be modified), oil pick-up, 4.0/4.6 timing cover, possibly the used rocker-arm assemblies, etc.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Date: April 03, 2008 09:23PM

SOLD !!!

Phillip G
Phillip Leonard
Kansas City
(395 posts)

02/03/2008 04:12PM

Main British Car:
1992 MG RV8 Rover 3.5

Posted by: Phillip G
Date: April 04, 2008 11:34AM

Moderator,

You mention a Rover deep-sump, baffled oil pan for the 4.0 and 4.6 aluminum block V 8. And you mention oil pick up and timing cover potential problems when adapted to the 3.5 Rover engine.

I need a good deep, baffled oil pan for my 3.5 RV 8 race engine. I have 2 others, a stock Buick 215 and a stock Rover 3.5.

How much modifying would be required to make it work on my new 3.5 engine ?

rgd's

Phillip G

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Date: April 04, 2008 07:27PM

I'll post pictures on a new message thread (with the "for sale" annoucement.)

I don't know if this oil pan would suit you or not, Leonard, although it could certainly be modified to "work". It's not baffled in the same sense as a "real" race car oil pan - like the one shown in this article by Greg Myer: [www.britishv8.org]

The Rover 4.0/4.6 came with a crank-driven oil pump (instead of a cam-driven) in the front cover. The 4.0/4.6 oil pan would bolt right up to your 215/3.5 engine block, but you'd need to do something creative to mate up to the 215/3.5 front cover. The 4.0/4.6 cover is missing a bolt hole and one front corner of the pan is lopped off. The 4.0/4.6 oil pick-up has a much longer tube because it connects directly to the pump (up by the nose of the crankshaft.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.