Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Four 14X5.5 Minators with (or without) tires, for MGB
Posted by: Moderator
Date: April 01, 2008 05:36PM

These beauties are "real" Made-in-U.K. Minator-brand fake-Minilites, vintage 1993... and if you like I'll happily include the tires with them. Two of the wheels are in excellent condition. Two of the wheels have minor scuffs as shown in the photos below. The Goodyear GT2 195/60 tires are also vintage 1993 - they hold air, they have good tread-depth and they aren't dry-rotted. IMHO they're perfectly suitable for driving to the tire store where you should select stickier, newer rubber. (I was driving on these tires until just one month ago.) All four "MG" center caps are included... they're serviceable but not pristine (see photo) - you can buy brand-new center caps from Moss Motors et al ($10.65).

I'm asking $400 for the set, plus shipping "at cost". (I get a pretty good discount on FedEx Ground - send me your zip code if you want a rate quote - it should be less than $80 within the continental U.S.A.) If you want the wheels but not the tires, we can negotiate that. I take PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, etc.

All procedes from this sale will go directly to the British V8 operating budget!

wheels-A.jpg
(notice that these wheels have steel inserts for the lug nuts to bear on)

wheels-B.jpg
(one wheel is scuffed right at the edge of the rim, as shown here)

wheels-C.jpg
(one wheel has miscellaneous scuffs and pits in its paint, as shown here)

wheels-D.jpg
(incidentally, combined tire/wheel weight is 30.0 pounds per corner)

wheels-E.jpg

CurtisJacobson-Banner.jpg
(here's what they looked like on my MGB GT)

A similar set of used Minators just sold for $412.40 here: [www.mgexperience.net]

Don't buy cheap imitations at twice the price - the Minilite-replicas that are currently available for $199.95 are made-in-China!

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Four 14X5.5 Minators with (or without) tires, for MGB
Date: April 01, 2008 05:43PM

I almost forgot to mention... the "private message" system on this message board is a great way to contact me.

Additional contact options are included here: [www.britishv8.org]

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Four 14X5.5 Minators with (or without) tires, for MGB
Date: April 07, 2008 04:18PM

SOLD !!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.