Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Blown, Injected, and Intercooled!
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: July 22, 2011 01:44PM

Fits the BOPR. A little history is in order here.
JimBlackwoodB-2.jpg

A couple years back I decided to sell this blower system and build a new one for my 340 Buick engine as a power upgrade. It was almost like putting one of your children up for adoption. But the sale paid for a TIG welder and a 15" lathe and that allowed me to advance and those of you who have followed the build can see that it was the right choice. The buyer was Chris Sanders in Hawaii and he intended to install it on a Rover motor in his hot rod.

That would have been the end of it except that Chris is now fighting a losing battle with Cancer and has only a couple years left. He had worked in uranium mines starting when he was 13 back in the early sixties up into the eighties and though he is now going through what took the rest of his family, he feels it was a worthwhile sacrifice for the sake of his country and the cause of Freedom. However due to the circumstances he has decided that it makes the best sense to slap a carb on the fresh 10.5:1 Rover he has in the car and sell the blower system. I have to agree, as his health and physical condition are an issue.

But this creates a rare opportunity. One I would seize myself if I was in the position to do it. The system is complete, right down to the full blower drive and even the oil pump drive. It includes the injectors and fuel rail and all of the specialized parts including idle air control and the trigger system for an EDIS ignition. I think it even includes the water pump and all the pulleys. It was run by a MegaSquirt controller and I still have the original controller with the original programming and could be persuaded to part with it. It'll cost you a few bucks, but you'll have a bona-fide piece of British-V8 history. It's a great performer. On an engine with 8 or 8.5 compression it'll put out in excess of 300 hp but I never dyno'd it so I can't really say exactly how much in excess. Boost exceeds 16psi and comes in really early. For a higher compression engine or one without forged pistons you might want to increase the size of the top pulley, those are readily available form Magnuson.

I think Chris wants about 3 grand for the blower package and that's a steal. It's still in the boxes I shipped it to him in and he just recently opened them up. I'd let the controller go for five hundred and would be available for tech support to help sort out any issues you might have on the install. Another hundred and I'll throw in the EDIS coils, plug wires, and controller.

Chris's cell phone number is (808) 652-0441.

JB

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
(6468 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Re: Blown, Injected, and Intercooled!
Date: July 26, 2011 12:02PM

It just got better. Chris' memory isn't what it used to be. He called me to ask about the pistons and other parts I shipped him but we figured out that box with $2500 worth of parts actually came from D&D. So he also has a set of new Diamond forged pistons on recon rods, (.020 over, 8 or 8.5 for Rover 3.9) and a bunch of other stuff. He will negotiate on the price and is reasonable and honest. He needs the money more than he needs the parts, so somebody really should call him.

JB

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
(6468 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Re: Blown, Injected, and Intercooled!
Date: September 07, 2011 04:04PM

Chris has the whole works listed on ebay this week for $1500. Can't beat that price.

JB

[cgi.ebay.com]

Pistons and rods for $500:
[cgi.ebay.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.