Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

jimfai
james madson

(31 posts)

11/06/2007 01:31PM

Main British Car:

bgt-v8 on ebay #180237128102
Posted by: jimfai
Date: April 28, 2008 06:53PM

anyone else seen this car, maybe you know it curtis since its in your state? i emailed the seller, they want $22k for it?? way over priced, the add intimates tht it is a factory car, looks like a redone standard bgt that someone used a couple v8 parts on. stock wheels with the sebring flares really looks dorky. imho, jim

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: bgt-v8 on ebay #180237128102
Posted by: Moderator
Date: April 28, 2008 07:46PM

I agree that it looks like an odd mix of parts - some authentic "factory V8" stuff and some obviously not authentic or even period parts such as the fuel injection system, the five speed, the RV8-style headers, the alternator, the engine-driven fan, etc. If they were aiming to make a replica, it's odd that they left off some easy stuff like the V8 badge on the rear hatch. Considering the other upgrades, it's odd that they left the single-circuit brakes on. I agree that the original-style Dunlops look bad combined with the Sebring flares... they might have at least fitted some spacers and sportier tires. They're selling it as a '76, but obviously it's wearing earlier lights front and rear.

Colorado Springs isn't too far South of here... probably less than two hours. I might try to get down there for a closer look. I certainly wouldn't buy this car without a much closer look - the seller doesn't seem to know much about the car or the model. Or perhaps they're trying to look ignorant?

jimfai
james madson

(31 posts)

11/06/2007 01:31PM

Main British Car:

Re: bgt-v8 on ebay #180237128102
Posted by: jimfai
Date: May 06, 2008 07:43PM

did you ever view this curtis?? bidding only hit $6600 so the bidders did know the true value of this car. good to see. i predict it comes back on ebay in a month and some one bids it up to 20k but still never sells (can i say schill bidder?)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.