Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

thespitfirekid
Jason C
Vegas
(6 posts)

06/17/2008 06:52AM

Main British Car:
1976 Spitfire 1996 Roller 302 Ford

authors avatar
just some misc 76 spit parts for sale
Posted by: thespitfirekid
Date: June 17, 2008 07:37AM

I took off the unneeded parts b/c im doing a v-8 swap, i dont know if anybody needs this stuff but I thought id tell you what I have:
Lucas AB14 electronic ignition amplifier,clutch master cyl,cruise control servo assembly,12 volt coil,heater valve thingie,ebrake assembly complete,12 volt solenoid thing,windshield wiper motor,heater core box assembly,gear shifter,L & R side door glass with crank,dash heater controls,windshield wipers and rods.

thespitfirekid
Jason C
Vegas
(6 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Re: just some misc 76 spit parts for sale
Date: June 17, 2008 08:16AM

O yes I also have the radiator which was recored and is in great shape but how do I modify my ad????How do I get into it?

V6 Midget
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

10/23/2007 09:23AM

Main British Car:
'73 MG Midget V6 , '59 MGA I6 2.8 GM, 4.0 Jeep

authors avatar
Posted by: V6 Midget
Date: June 17, 2008 10:06AM

Jason, for the person who made the post there is a tab that will show up for you when you open the post and allow you to edit the post. You might hang on to the emergency brake stuff and the solenoid, you may need it with the Ford.

thespitfirekid
Jason C
Vegas
(6 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: June 17, 2008 04:57PM

AHHH ok, ok this is going to sound stupid Bill but where is the edit tab at I dont see it? and the ebrake stuff is in my way where my b&M shifter is gonna be plus its gonna be an automatic I dont think ill need the ebrake, but hey its nice to meet you man

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: June 17, 2008 05:31PM

In every part of the message board - except for the classified ads - a registered user can edit any of their own posts at any time. Just look for a row of options immediately below the message you want to edit... It should look like this:

Options: Reply To This Message• Quote This Message • Reply via PM • Follow This Thread • Report This Message • Edit Post

Simply click on "Edit Post"...

However, the classified ad section is different and unique. It's the one and only part of the message board where (as moderator) I "turned off" the option for message editing because I was concerned that someone might unscrupulously or misleadingly change an item description after setting their hook into a buyer. Also, I think it's kinda cool to have a record of what prices things have sold for in the past... and I noticed that this was being compromised by some users on another popular message board (i.e. "MG Experience"). So... you actually can't edit a post. If you think a change really, really needs to be made - send me a "private message" and I can make the change for you.

thespitfirekid
Jason C
Vegas
(6 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: June 17, 2008 06:14PM

AHA, ok that makes sense, cool, well thanks for the heads up, great site btw :D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.