Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

switchblade7.62x51
James !
The Bourbon Smoky Hills of TN a wee bit south of B
(13 posts)

12/01/2010 05:43PM

Main British Car:
1954 Austin Healey 100-4 Chevy 350 LT-1

authors avatar
Consider it Sold! (1954 BN100-4)
Posted by: switchblade7.62x51
Date: March 27, 2013 12:08AM

My Pop bought this with great intentions in 1983. It has sat under a cover since then with the older 327 given away. We built a LT1 and I had it corrosion controlled for storage, but he removed the top end for a friend and put a bag on it, ah well, so much for storage. He brought it out on a trailer with everything included for me and my son to restore. Well, I am a disabled vet on a VA Voc Rehab program in college which means no real funds for anything until I graduate and get into a real job again. Son, well he will not see real money until about 2016 or so. We do not want the car to languish further, but would like to see it in somone's driveway who actually has the ability do do something good with it. I have a large selection of photos.
Here is the trailer shot.

AH1954100.4.jpg

The car has good floors, not all rusted out, the body is whole(has some dings here and there as normal), all(from what I can tell) trim pieces and bows are here. The small block LT1 is a short block that will require rebuilding due to surface rust, but not anything that cannot be fixed with a basic align/bore hone, hot tank, maybe less. Then there is the holy grail of transmissions for some. A Doug Nash Competition 5 Speed(Four + One), NIB, never used, with a NIB, never used Hurst Shifter. There are also vintage Kal Kustom valve covers

I have scoured the internet, and Hemmings for cars like this and this is what I have found:
three cars that are less than what I have for between $7500 and $10,800. These three 'prime' examples have no floors(totally corroded out), no trim or bows, and are body, frame, wheels only. The rest I found were even worse with much lower prices to include several large dents, like got hit by a corner of granny's '51 Ford sized dents

With that said, I am offering the entire lot for:
$11,000

Feel free to Email me at: switchblade7.62x51 AT yahoo DOT com
I will be glad to give my phone number via email or PM if requested by Email

I am also aware of the tip jar and all that, so when this sells, I will insure to handle that small bit of business then. If I had several thousand dollars to spend, I would have this car looking like some I see here, but this is what needs to be done with it and we have spoken and agreed that this is the best way to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2013 11:22AM by Moderator.

switchblade7.62x51
James !
The Bourbon Smoky Hills of TN a wee bit south of B
(13 posts)

12/01/2010 05:43PM

Main British Car:
1954 Austin Healey 100-4 Chevy 350 LT-1

authors avatar
Re: Selling the 1954 BN100-4
Posted by: switchblade7.62x51
Date: April 08, 2013 03:52PM

I have received a few messages asking if I will part this out. The answer is no. The entire car, engine(short block, with intake, carbs), transmission, shifter, all trim, etc goes together. I am also willing to negotiate. The vehicle has a recognized ID number from California, but no title on file. It has had a Non Operation permit since 1983

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Selling the 1954 BN100-4
Posted by: Moderator
Date: April 20, 2013 11:21AM

This car is no longer available.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.