Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

richlandsilk
tom hoagland

(83 posts)

02/19/2009 11:59AM

Main British Car:

rebuilt Rover 4.2 for sale
Posted by: richlandsilk
Date: July 15, 2013 06:26PM

have a Rover 4.2 for sale. The engine was machined and assembled by Autoparts Machine Shop of Ann Arbor, Mi. block was inspected and has new liners, decked. crank was checked and polished....std. rods were resized. pistons inspected. cylinder heads were redone. Assembled with new bearings, rings & gaskets. $2300.00. Also have other used and rebuild engines from 3.5 to 4.6. Can supply parts needed for an MGB V8 conversion.

fathead09
Doug Rieth
Decatur, IN
(5 posts)

03/14/2010 04:08PM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB /LE 3/15/12 215 Buick soon? now stock w/Weber downdraft

Re: rebuilt Rover 4.2 for sale
Posted by: fathead09
Date: August 09, 2013 10:42AM

I have a 62 buick 215.....but not all the piceces....Have been working on it for some years. I did have the block checked and bored 30 over locally. Do you do trade ins....ie take my block as a core towards complete engine?......my engine has no cam...crank is ok heads need to be checked, only had 5 pistons....valve springs ok no valve covers ,have four barrel intake but the engine had 2 bbl on it but I believe the heads are marked as High Comp. and on..... I believe I talked to tipp city oh man who had you do his engine. That is not too far from my home in Decatur IN. south of FT Wayne. Please send info on this 4.2 or deal we might make. Thanks Doug
1980 MGB LE (third in a line of Bs)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.