Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

83hurstguy
Luke Krooswyk

(9 posts)

01/20/2014 10:19PM

Main British Car:

Olds 215 V8 for parts
Posted by: 83hurstguy
Date: January 20, 2014 10:33PM

I'm a new member, not here to make a bunch of money but would prefer to keep these parts from going to scrap if someone can use them. If a bunch sells a tip is certainly in order.

I have a complete Olds 215 V8 that will be getting parted out. Supposedly really low mileage, though it has sat for a while. It's a 2 barrel motor, and based off the stampings (shown in pictures below) it's the base 155 HP low compression model. Inside looks clean and oily from pulling a valve cover. Still has AC Delco coil and fuel pump on there, so it probably wasn't messed with much.

All parts are available except the block itself, make any offer and it will likely be accepted. I'm planning to scrap most of this stuff in the next few weeks to get it out of my way. If you want it complete for some reason, let me know ASAP. I can supply pictures of parts once they come off since it's not torn down yet. There is also the bottom half of the 2 barrel carb, not shown in the pictures below.

Location is Kansas City. I know I'm violating rules by not posting prices for each part, but there's too much stuff here. I'm thinking along the lines of like $10 for power steering pump or pulleys and brackets, $20 for the exhaust manifolds, $35 for the cylinder heads with valve covers, rocker arms, valve train and all hardware (including spark plug wire clips), $10 for the intake manifold with carb linkage, etc... enough to cover my time for packing them up well and shipping them out. If you see it in the pictures and want it, can be yours cheap.

olds215-1.JPG
olds215-2.JPG
olds215-3.JPG
olds215-4.JPG
olds215-5.JPG
olds215-6.JPG

83hurstguy
Luke Krooswyk

(9 posts)

Main British Car:

Re: Olds 215 V8 for parts
Date: January 20, 2014 10:35PM

Sorry that some pics are rotated. They are straight on my computer but rotate when uploaded.

One more picture.

olds215-7.JPG

83hurstguy
Luke Krooswyk

(9 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: January 28, 2014 04:36PM

Engine is torn down... going to scrap on Saturday if I don't get any parts requests before then.

From the teardown, one piston was stuck to the cylinder wall since the previous owner had the spark plugs out and never oiled anything, so a full set of pistons/rods isn't possible.

The rod and crank bearings were darn near perfect, therefore the crank is in great shape. Could tank it and run if you needed to, would be perfect with a light polish. I took some pictures and posted them below.

crank1.JPG

crank2.JPG

Front timing cover is complete with oil pump/distributor shaft and drive gear, very clean. Didn't grab a picture of that but can if you're interested.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: January 28, 2014 05:30PM

Surely someone on this board needs that oil pan. It's lower profile than a Rover pan, isn't it?

The distributor might make a good core for someone building a cam position sensor (for an EFI conversion.)

83hurstguy
Luke Krooswyk

(9 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: January 28, 2014 09:05PM

The pan is 5-1/2" deep maximum.

Attached are balancer pics, Moderator has first dibs. It's rough, rubber shows deterioration, and there is some edge scarring from sitting on the balancer on the ground.

photo(19).JPG

photo(20).JPG

83hurstguy
Luke Krooswyk

(9 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: January 31, 2014 02:50PM

Last call before scrap tomorrow. Sorry to do it, but I really need the garage space back.

I weighed the flywheel yesterday night, it measured 24 lbs. If there's any interest I can provide dimensions or details. I have better pictures if interested.

83hurstguy
Luke Krooswyk

(9 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: February 18, 2014 11:03AM

For closure, everything is scrapped but the block, which is in progress of a table conversion. A few parts went to members here. Thanks everyone!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.