Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Dave R
David Robertson

(12 posts)

06/25/2012 12:29AM

Main British Car:

Buick 215 / 300 rover stroker 'Kit'
Posted by: Dave R
Date: February 06, 2014 12:22AM

Hi,

I have been hoarding parts to build a Stroker Rover engine but, well, probably wont get around to it. I already have a Ray Baker professionally build 305 CI / 215 in my 1932 chevy and like the engine so much had planned to build another motor to put in a Miata.

But life gets in the way so hopefully one of you will be able to use my stash.

All the rare, major components are there to build a larger displacement aluminum v8. Starting with a good rover 4 bolt main 4.0 block, I also have a 300 buick crank and Buick 300 aluminum heads. Included other rare parts too, such as an early timing cover that allows a late rover engine to run a distributor. Also 2 barrel and 4 barrel manifolds, distributors, starters, Rover aluminum pan with reinforcing girdle, 2 different sets of exhaust manifolds, engine gasket set, several cams for both distributor and efi setup. I have two sets of heads – the 300 heads are bare with rockers and would need complete rebuild with stainless steel valves, etc for high horsepower application. Also included is a very good, complete set of rover 4.0 heads which could have more early torque at low rpm for street application…. Depends on what cam and compression you use. I have a set of Buick 215 rods which are used when installing the 300 crank into a Rover block. And of course the miscellaneous parts like all the fasteners, valve train, torque converters, several distributors, generators, brackets, etc are here too.

These are original parts and all will need a good cleaning and / or rebuilding. For example, the cams are original sleepy grind… I have had several cams reground at Delta Cams in Tacoma for less than $100 with great results. They can suggest the correct timing and overlap for what you want to build. The distributors are points style which would convert to Petronix. You know the drill. Parts that you would still need to obtain would be pistons - ford 255 pistons fit in the 4.0 bore and mate to 215 rods – you can find these pistons brand new on E bay for $100 - $150. Lastly you would need a bearing set, head gasket, etc.

I'm asking $1200 for the whole shebang and will prepare for shipping if required. And of course I will be glad to send pictures.

Dave R

Todd McCreary
Todd McCreary

(207 posts)

03/16/2012 10:57PM

Main British Car:

Re: Buick 215 / 300 rover stroker 'Kit'
Posted by: Todd McCreary
Date: February 06, 2014 07:32PM

and you are located in Tacoma?

Dave R
David Robertson

(12 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: February 06, 2014 09:37PM

Yep, I'm in Tacoma..... Well actually just across the bridge in Gig Harbor. BTW I have received a couple off PM's asking to buy one piece or the other prefer not to piece it out.

Dave R
David Robertson

(12 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: February 23, 2014 12:09AM

All sold, thanks to all of you who responded. And a special tip 'o the hat to the webmaster for running this great forum.

Ronp
Ron Pulliam
Tacoma Wa
(15 posts)

04/19/2014 12:09AM

Main British Car:
1972 TR6 1963 Buick 215

Posted by: Ronp
Date: April 24, 2014 03:59AM

You have another BV8 owner in Tacoma. I live in the a North End. We should get together sometime. Ron Pulliam
My project: 1972 TR6 with modified Buick 215.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.