Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

robert1839
Tristan Cook
5579 Timber Ridge Dr, Mt Vernon, Skagit, Washingto
(118 posts)

05/06/2013 11:11PM

Main British Car:
MGB GT 1972 Buick 215

estimates for sale price
Posted by: robert1839
Date: May 05, 2014 09:21PM

so i have my 1971 MGB GT and as much as it pains me to even think about selling it i must consider it now. in a years time i will be leaving home and i will not have a car to drive around. i bought this car working and planed to drive it for my daily driver but then i deiced to put i v8 into it and i knew this would happen but i cant finish the project it is costing too much and i have a way i could pull it off and finish in time but that would be relying on a lot of things to happen and before i get to the point where i am leaving and have no car to drive and i cant sell this one i have deiced to check out my options. so how much do u think it is worth?

i have cross drilled and slotted disks in the front
rebuilt calipers in the front
the brake master cylinder is pretty new
the gas tank is new
i have the original trans for it
i have most the interior bits and a custom wood center counsel i made myself
the seats are ok they driver has some tiers in it where your butt goes but i have a set that my grandma is fixing up by putting new vinyl where there are a few holes
i have the spare tire for it jack and knock off hammer and tool in the leather bag
i have an old mobile aluminum v8 for it and a mustang trans or a comaro trans for it u can chose what u would like to use
the paint is new
i have the trim pieces that u dont see in the pics i just haven't put them on i have tape covering the holes for the logos so water dosent get in from rain

so thats all i can think of right now feel free to ask anything u like. i have about 5,000$ into it as of right now if u where willing to put about 3,000 to 5,000 u would have a really nice car and a fast one at that. i would like to get 4,000 out of it that be awesome but i understand it may not be worth that much
so give me your estimates or guess on what u think its worth

here are the pics
[www.mgexp.com]

88v8
Ivor Duarte
Gloucestershire UK
(1041 posts)

02/11/2010 04:29AM

Main British Car:
1974 Land Rover Lightweight V8

Re: estimates for sale price
Posted by: 88v8
Date: May 06, 2014 03:53AM

Can only see the first pic without 'signing in'.
Is that first pic now, or in the past?
You can post pics direct on the forum by putting them in Photobucket and copying the IMG code.

If it still runs it will have some value.
If it's been taken apart you'll need to get lucky that there's someone local who wants it. Otherwise you might do better financially by parting it out.

The economics of modified cars are not favourable. One gets into it for fun and creative satisfaction, but don't ever try to sell because financially it's a sink, sorry to say.

Ivor

robert1839
Tristan Cook
(118 posts)

Main British Car:
MGB GT 1972 Buick 215

Date: May 06, 2014 10:29AM

yea the pic u saw was taken yesterday and it dosen run

MG wanna B
edward davidson
mount olive,n.c.
(96 posts)

11/20/2013 07:47PM

Main British Car:
1977 mgb 2.8 l gm v6

authors avatar
Posted by: MG wanna B
Date: May 06, 2014 06:27PM

definitely get it running, if possible.

i have seen the pix, there, but don't post there anymore, due to some not so friendly folks.

i bought a 77 roadster that 12,500 in reciepts, and, i have them, now, but only gave 1800 for it, because it was a roller, and not a runner. bad for him, but great for me.

so, it's well worth the effort.

robert1839
Tristan Cook
(118 posts)

Main British Car:
MGB GT 1972 Buick 215

Date: May 07, 2014 12:16AM

oh i know that there are some unfriendly guys on there they think they run the place i may have crossed there line once or twice they where vary rude to me (to be fair i reacted badly to there rude comments making things worse)

yea i have thought about it and turns out the international bank of mom approved my lone to finish the car before school. of cose i will have to pay it back but solves this problem. haha (:

MG wanna B
edward davidson
mount olive,n.c.
(96 posts)

11/20/2013 07:47PM

Main British Car:
1977 mgb 2.8 l gm v6

authors avatar
Posted by: MG wanna B
Date: May 07, 2014 06:46AM

i got my you know what handed to me, chewed up, there. that was the 3rd strike in 6 months, and i was actually in agreement with the initial poster, and he was one of the main ones that turned on me, so, i removed all the posts on that thread, and, won't be contributing to that site any more, financially, or posting. got bit 3 times for total honesty, plus, got lied to by the person in question on the thread, and yes, he lied to me, because he didn't do what he told me he was going to do, and he is here, too, and, i'm sure it will get back to him, and this time, I AM ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, and this person is supposed to be a straight up guy. i just wished i hadn't erased the emails i recieved, so i could have the information to back myself up.

plus, it caused alot of members to, now, not be able to get the parts i currently have for sale. i just quit, totally, and, as bad as it sounds, it looks like it's all going to evilbay, this fall.

i'm now going to get my stuff down to just what i think i will need, and enjoy my cars, and the mean ones can just bite it.

moving on.

everyone have a great day!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.