Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

tr8todd
Todd Kishbach

(390 posts)

12/04/2009 07:42AM

Main British Car:

Buick/Olds 215 stuff and a dry sump
Posted by: tr8todd
Date: March 07, 2016 10:25AM

I picked up a home built race car over the weekend that came with 4 engines. 2 Olds and 2 Buick 215s. They are completely disassembled, but one of the Olds engines was prepped and comes with all new parts to install. The prepped engine was suppose to be dry sumped, so there is some weirdness going on with it. It came with lightened con rods, bearings, new 20 over Egg pistons, a new cam and lifters, new 4 barrel Edelbrock intake and Holley 390, new ARP bolts, and a gasket kit. Heads have major work done to them. Obviously oversized valves, new valves, seals, and guides. Rockers are adjustable and look like they might be the once coveted Volvo adjustable rockers. It comes with new hollow super light weight pushrods to fit those rockers. I've had at least 50 Rover V8s over the years, but the only Buick/olds stuff I've had is a handful of Buick 300s. I would like to sell some or all of this stuff. Anybody need any of this before it goes on eBay piece by piece. There are blocks with main caps, 2 cranks, pistons still on their rods, heads, valve covers, timing covers, oil pans, one of those heavy flywheels with the thick ring around the outside, one regular flywheel, 2 four barrel intakes, one 2 barrel intake, 2 new reman water pumps, a couple of takeoff water pumps, oil pumps are still on the covers, one glass bowl fuel pump, pulleys, balancers, starters and alternators(one brand new alt). I have a 4.0 Rover rebuilt and looking for a home, so I'll probably yank all the dry sump stuff and the engine in the car that was used for mockup. Then I'll drop in the 4.0 with a nice cam and 4 barrel and have it running in no time. If anybody is interested in a dry sump system for a Rover V8, we can talk about selling that along with the Olds engine that had all the prep work done to it. FWIW the only place I've seen dry sumps for Rover V8s is in Australia. They get $4600 for something like this.

tr8todd
Todd Kishbach

(390 posts)

Main British Car:

Re: Buick/Olds 215 stuff and a dry sump
Date: March 08, 2016 04:57AM

Here is some pictures from when I unloaded my truck and tried to sort thru this stuff.
DSC04010.JPG
DSC04011.JPG
DSC04016.JPG
DSC04012.JPG
DSC04019.JPG
DSC04024.JPG

tr8todd
Todd Kishbach

(390 posts)

Main British Car:

Re: Buick/Olds 215 stuff and a dry sump
Date: March 08, 2016 05:02AM

Here are some pictures of the engine with all the work done to it and the dry sump pieces. Not shown are all the new parts in boxes.
DSC04026.JPG
DSC04027.JPG
DSC04028.JPG
DSC04022.JPG
DSC04023.JPG
DSC04031.JPG

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.