Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

kuzco1@att.net
Kelly Williams

(2 posts)

04/18/2016 11:53PM

Main British Car:

1960 Sunbeam Alpine project
Posted by: kuzco1@att.net
Date: May 14, 2016 10:04PM

I have a 1960 Sunbeam Alpine project car. If you don't do metal work it's not for you.

I have a 60 body for the fins. Welded in a 63 trunk assembly (inside). Welded in the brace for coil overs and have a narrowed 9" to go with. It will require 17"X 11" deep cobra type rims when complete. The body has been wide bodied by splitting bug fenders and solid welding them onto the car. The firewall has been opened up for a 302 (rebuildable 302 incl) and transmission tunnel and mounts for all included. I was in the process of welding a 63 windshield frame over the 60 across the cowl panel to install a new windshield (incl). I have the original front and rear suspension for the Alpine. I have a Mustang II front end and tubular upper and lower control arms to go with. I have had the motor,trans, and rear end in the car. I have a box of brand new parts to go with( interior and exterior). There is quite a bit of metal work to complete this body or you could cut out the customizations for your body. I fabbed and installed new floor pans and cross-bracing under the car. The car is sitting on a rotisserie for ease of working on it. I started notching the front frame to work the mustang II front end into place but it can easily be reinforced if you want to go with stock front end. I have the hardware for the wire wheel set up as well. There are no wire wheels worth having. A ton of metal work has been done and the car looks bad ass when its sitting down on the ground with fat tires under it with the flared out rear end of the car. It's an incredible project I cannot finish due to my health. I will not separate any of it ... all or nothing.

See pics here: [goo.gl]

$3,500

mgaman
marshall de leon
Portland Oregon
(80 posts)

09/17/2008 06:11PM

Main British Car:
Mark 2 Jaguar 350 Chev. V8

Re: 1960 Sunbeam Alpine project
Posted by: mgaman
Date: June 10, 2016 07:56AM

Kelly
Where are you located?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.