Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

MGJeff
Jeff N
Boston Area
(4 posts)

07/04/2017 10:13PM

Main British Car:
1975 MBG V8 Conv 3.5L Rover

SOLD - For Sale 1975 MGB V8
Posted by: MGJeff
Date: July 10, 2017 04:47PM

For Sale: 1975 MGB V8

Its #13 on the “How It Was Done” list.

Sadly due to life changes this car will no longer have a proper place to be stored and be provided deserved attention and love. It reluctantly must be passed on to its next keeper.

Car has been driven summers only as an auxiliary recreational car and stored every winter since restoration.

Car was entered in shows for several years after restoration and conversion.

My father and I did the restoration and conversion ourselves. Since restoration this car has been driven and enjoyed for 25 years. It has been very well taken care of over the years. However, since the car was not a garage baby and was road loved, the lacquer paint is now cracking and shade fading and the interior shows wear. Clear coat still has a nice gloss. The vinyl top has some tears starting at window edges. Drips a little oil from the main seals. Upon close inspection other signs of 25 years post restoration are present. Although it is showing some age it is still a beautiful “10 footer” as they say. It still routinely gets comments of how nice a car it is.

With the hood closed there is no sign of what is underneath except for the sound, dual exhaust and added emblems. It looks stock.

Includes Tonneau cover in excellent condition.

Specs:

Restored in 1992
V8 Conversion 1994

3.5 Liter British Leyland (Rover Tr-8) Aluminum Block V8 (aka 215ci Buick small block)
Eddlebrock 500 CFM 4 barrel carburetor on low rise GM intake
Crane 260H Hydraulic Cam
Cylinder heads milled .030
Buick Skylark distributor with Perlux Igniter
Tr-8 5 Speed transmission
Custom manufactured drive shaft
3.25:1 Ford 8 inch rear gears and center housing
Triple core custom radiator
Custom stainless exhaust manifolds
Custom Glasspack duel exhaust
Auxiliary electric cooling fans

Unknown original miles
Approx 35k miles since conversion.

$8500.00

NOTE:

Cash only.

Have Title

Located outside Boston.

When you come to see the car you can check it all over, up down and sideways. We can even go for a test drive, but I cannot permit you to drive. Sorry but there is too much power and personality in this car to put in the hands of someone else who does not own it - yet.

PM me if interested or need further details or pics.

I also have a spare TR8 5 speed transmission listed in these classifieds. If you purchase the car before the tranny is sold I will include it with the car.

I’m listing here on this forum first. If no immediate interest it will then go on general Craigslist. I would much rather it goes to an enthusiast here who will show it some love.

IMG_1620.JPG
IMG_1618.JPG
IMG_1629.JPG
IMG_1599.JPG
IMG_1631.JPG
IMG_1592.JPG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2017 04:56PM by MGBV8.

clinghoffer
Clinton Price

(2 posts)

05/10/2017 02:29PM

Main British Car:

Re: For Sale 1975 MGB V8
Posted by: clinghoffer
Date: July 13, 2017 04:02PM

Ah, if only you were closer.

MGJeff
Jeff N
Boston Area
(4 posts)

07/04/2017 10:13PM

Main British Car:
1975 MBG V8 Conv 3.5L Rover

Re: For Sale 1975 MGB V8
Posted by: MGJeff
Date: October 04, 2017 03:20PM

Sadly SOLD. Really going to miss that car.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.