Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

tdwpgtp
Peter Minidis

(4 posts)

05/05/2022 08:37PM

Main British Car:

FOUND - Looking for a swapped MGB
Posted by: tdwpgtp
Date: May 06, 2022 03:24PM

Good morning all. For the last ~10 years I've had a pipe dream of swapping a MGB, but recently I realized that I don't have the time, skills, or motivation to undertake such a project, unfortunately. This has lead me to start looking for a vehicle that has already been swapped, either V6 or V8, though a V8 is preferable. I don't mind working on small issues, but I am looking for something that is essentially complete, and with a good body.

If anyone has a car to sell, or knows of someone who does, please reach out and hopefully we can make something work out!

Thanks for your time,

Peter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2022 10:17AM by MGBV8.

Mickey Richaud
Mickey Richaud
Townsend TN
(198 posts)

08/25/2015 06:36AM

Main British Car:
'03 Jaguar XK8 Jaguar 4.2

Re: Looking for a swapped MGB
Posted by: Mickey Richaud
Date: May 07, 2022 07:17AM

Peter -

Not sure where you're located, and you may have already seen it here, but Abe DeGraaf has a nice one available:

[forum.britishv8.org]

tdwpgtp
Peter Minidis

(4 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: May 08, 2022 10:52AM

Thanks for the heads up. Abe actually PMed me and I have just responded. His car looks like it is very well done, but some of the aesthetics are not my preferred style. I know aesthetics can be changed, but my budget would definitely not allow for me to make the changes I would like to at his asking price. I do appreciate the reference, however!

I should probably had specified a little more about what I am looking for;

I am in the Cleveland, OH area, but I am not opposed to traveling for the right car.

I don't want a wild custom, and prefer a mostly stock body. I do prefer blue paint, but am not crazy about most metallic paints.

I strongly prefer a chrome bumper car, thought I know RB swaps are more common.

I am NOT looking for huge power. I have a hard time imagining that I would need anything over 300HP, and I have a feeling I would have pretty damn good time in something with 150-200HP.

Of course, to every preference there could be an exception, depending on the other factors. For example, while I prefer a mineral blue or light blue, I would likely "settle" for another car if the swap was well done and the price was right, etc. I also am willing to make certain preference changes if the price is right and the changes are not too difficult

Thanks again for your help and any future help

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: May 08, 2022 01:00PM

For the money...
You are being rather picky. But best of luck to you, maybe eventually you will find what you are looking for. Better concentrate on the V6 conversions though.

Jim

tdwpgtp
Peter Minidis

(4 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: May 08, 2022 01:50PM

Jim,

I can't disagree, I am being picky. However, I'd rather wait patiently, or not get a car at all, then buy one I don't truly like. I'm hoping patience and luck will pay off, and if they don't I will stick with my stock B!

With that said, cars to fit my preferences do exist; I've seen them for sale, but wasn't quite ready to buy then. In the last 2 years I've seen at least 3 cars that I should have bought. I hope to not miss the next opportunity!

tdwpgtp
Peter Minidis

(4 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: June 16, 2022 10:26AM

Hello all!

I did end up finding and buying a swapped B last weekend. I bought a car from Artie Clarke, which was previously owned by Michelle Pierce. It is a 3.5L rover with a NWC T5 transmission. I look forward to packing on the miles in the coming years, and also at some point joining one of the British V8 meets!

Thanks to those of you who replied and helped me search!

I'm not sure who to shrink my photos to fit the size limitations here, so you can find a couple pictures in my thread on MGEXP

[www.mgexp.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.