Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

hathc
Caryl Hathaway

(1 posts)

06/05/2023 01:59PM

Main British Car:

Rover 215 cu in v-8 with MGB GT transmission-ZF rear end for sale
Posted by: hathc
Date: June 05, 2023 02:41PM

Greetings from Toronto, Canada...

I have an interesting story about my 1973 Ford Capri that I bought in the early 80's from my late friend Al Pease, a British-Canadian motor racing driver, who held the unusual accolade of being the only driver to be disqualified from a Canadian Formula One World Championship race due to being too slow.

Al rebuilt the German Capri with the Rover 215 V-8 hooked up to an MGB GT transmission with the ZF limited slip rear end..... It was was an incredible head-turner - nobody knew what the car was but the sound of the V8 and the style he created was incredible. I've included some pix to give you an idea as to how it looked.

I so enjoyed driving the Capri - it was an incredible drive - though, after awhile my wife softly commented that she always smelt of gas when we returned from a drive....I agreed, and after about 35 years of ownership I decided to sell the Capri to my sister who loved the car.... I came across a replacement - a 2005 Aston DB9 that made my wife very happy.....

Needless to say my sister loved the Capri for a few months and drove it well - then I received a phone call with her crying saying that a light rain storm helped slip the car into a concrete Toronto road barrier - she was so upset in telling me but was unhurt and was able to limp the car back to her house....

To make a long, sad story short - she has not been able to restore it - and needs to sell....

So, the sale would include the damaged Capri - with the Rover 215 V-8 hooked up to an MGB GT transmission with the ZF limited slip rear end..

We are putting out feelers here in Canada - the MG clubs, or anyone else we can think of that might be interested

Would you have any suggestions as to how we can proceed with this story?

I'll try to send pix....

Regards - Caryl Hathaway
Capri01.jpg
Capri05.JPG
Dent07a.JPG

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.