Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
[For Sale] Supercharged 1994 Miata w/ many cool upgrades
Posted by: Moderator
Date: September 29, 2023 03:09PM

Miata-A.jpg

It's not British and it doesn't have a V8 or V6, but it's an awesome little hot-rod. And I'm posting this Miata ad here because its provenance might particularly interest this community. This was Michael Cubbon's Miata. You may have known Michael as "Limey222", or you may recall his extremely tidy MGB V6 conversion.

After selling his MGB, Michael picked up this first generation Miata M-Edition in original condition. He poured a lot of passion and attention-to-detail into freshening and upgrading it to a high standard. The most ambitious phase of that project started shortly after Michael was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer: Michael decided to install a Track Dog / Rotrex supercharger kit. It was certainly the right decision for this car, and I know Michael enjoyed the process. But he ran out of time. I've truly enjoyed driving the Miata for the two years since Michael passed on. In that time I've made sure the car is fully sorted and reliable. I wouldn't hesistate to drive coast-to-coast in it now (on twisty side roads!) No first generation Miata would be more enjoyable. The Rotrex supercharger adds a lot of zip, with no downside.

Its "Montego Blue Mica" paint is the original color and is in very good condition overall. The hardtop is a genuine Mazda part, procured separately by Michael and repainted to match the car. I think the hood and maybe right fender have been resprayed but I don't know when, by whom, or for what reason. The orange racing stripes were professionally and tidily installed for Michael, but they can be removed if the new owner prefers. Michael also sourced and installed custom leather steering wheel and shifter boot to match the stripes.

Other features include: Aluminum radiator and intercooler. Racing Beat exhaust header. Track Dog engine management system. Borla stainless exhaust system. Wilwood big front brakes. Fully refreshed suspension. Frame stiffeners. Factory-original Torsen limited slip differential (which came as part of the M-Edition package). Hard Dog roll bar. Maxxim aluminum wheels. BF Goodrich gForce Sport Comp-2 tires. Factory-original tan leather seats, in good condition. Kenwood audio system. The air conditioning works well. Turn-signal switch and ignition switch have recently been replaced with new genuine Mazda parts. Extensive documentation, including Track Dog installation and user manuals, dyno report, plus nearly all of Michael's receipts.

The original convertible top, tonneau cover, steering wheel, and many other spares are included. I think the top probably works okay with the roll hoop, but I can't guarantee it. I've never tested it, because I prefer the hardtop. The tonneau would definitely require modification to work with the roll hoop.

Known issues? (1) Cruise control appears to have been disabled with the supercharger installation. It appears to me that all the key parts are still present, but I haven't attempted to restore it. (2) The check-engine light sometimes comes on briefly when cruising, but no fault code is actually logged. I've been unable to identify the cause, but I suspect it's an issue with the engine ECU having been re-chipped rather than an actual issue with emissions equipment. (The light turns off promptly when the engine returns to idle, for example if you briefly depress the clutch pedal.)

Physically located in Portland, Oregon. 133,000 miles. Clean title. Has passed Oregon smog test.

I promised to find this car a good home, so you guys get first dibs. Please only inquire if you have a proper stable for it. I'm ready to move on to other projects, so I'm offering this excellent Miata for the same price I purchased it for: $14,000.

Please PM me if you'd like more information or photos.

Miata-B.jpg

Miata-C.jpg

Miata-D.jpg

Miata-E.jpg

Miata-F.jpg

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2023 02:45AM by Moderator.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.