Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Buzby
David Stringer

(7 posts)

02/14/2009 10:26AM

Main British Car:

Rare high compression UK spec SD1 Rover engine for sale
Posted by: Buzby
Date: February 14, 2009 11:10AM

Rover SD1 engine from the UK, 9.35:1 compression ratio. I removed the engine from an auto SD1 (cannot remember the year) in my fathers salvage yard. Engine number 11A43806. Shipped it to USA in 1991 as a spare engine for my fuel injected TR8 and also to increase power with the high compression engine. Since then sold TR8 for Stag (still own) when kids arrived.
Engine has 35 lbs oil pressure when cranked. Removed heads to check bores, etc and they still have honing marks. Heads will need rebuilding as valves sticky, etc due to engine sitting around for all these years. Camshaft looks worn so cannot guarantee OK. Interior of valve covers and in V covered with hard oil sludge so will need a strip down to be safe.
Has good starter, UK twin outlet exhaust manifolds, intake for SU's or Strombergs and distributor with cap. Fan coupling shown in pictures is not included.
Have set P6/P5 SU's on intake for sale separately plus ignition leads, standard crank and rod bearing set and genuine Rover valve cover gaskets.
$380 if collected. $405 if strapped down to pallet, wrapped ready for truck shipment.
Call 276-676-2995 Home or 423-341-1857 cell or e-mail. Location, Abingdon, VA
Rover V8 rear left.JPG
Rover V8 front right.JPG
Rover V8 front left.JPG
External head off.JPG

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.