Classified Ads: Swap Parts Here!

buy, sell, or trade - cars, parts, tools, etc. (Please keep ads out of the other forums!)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

parliament.scout
John Dillingham

(2 posts)

04/18/2009 02:52PM

Main British Car:

TR7 convertible and Rover SD1 available
Posted by: parliament.scout
Date: July 02, 2009 09:04PM

I have a tax bill to pay, so must part with these two. I like the Rover as it is, but realize it probably will end up repowering some other car. FI and five speed. TR7 has a sorry top, no AC and Strombergs. Both are stock.

How It Was Done! Car owner’s name John Dillingham
Year and model of car 1980 Rover SD1 and 1979 TR7 Town/city and state Canton, Georgia
Who built or modified this car? No one, as far as I know. TR is missing some air cleaner bits, has electric fuel pump. Rover sedan is still fuel injected. Both can be made to run
E-mail address Parliament.scout@yahoo.co.uk Yeah, I know, you get a british server when you chose proper Oxford English over Websters when you sign up.
Engine (make, model, configuration, displacement, etc.) Stock two liter for the TR and 3.5 for the Rover
Engine electrical (including ignition) Stock
Intake (manifold & carburetor, or fuel-injection specifics) Stock. Asthmatic Zenith Strombergs on the TR
Cam Stock
Cooling system Stock Exhaust system Stock
Transmission (type, make/model, ratio of top gear, etc.) Both have the LT77 five speed manual
Clutch System / driveshaft all stock
Rear axle (make/model, ratio, limited-slip?) stock
Brakes (tired or writing ‘stock’, so I’ll leave those blank that are stock)
Front suspension / steering Rear suspension
Wheels/Tires Weight
Instruments Electrical (battery, charging, lighting, audio, etc.)
Neither raced as far as I know.

Other chassis modifications
Other body and interior modifications
Performance data
Other important info (unusual features / historical notes / comments / tips / problems encountered during or after completion) I got the TR in a trade, hoping for a 30mpg commuter that would be a little fun. It is that, but no air cleaner and torn top, plus no AC take the fun out of it. The Rover SD1 lived most of its life in the Mississippi delta, so the paint and velour interior is shot as well. Rust in fuel tank requires frequent filter changes, will eventually fail.
Only reason I’m selling these, is I have a tax bill to pay. As to the TR, I’d have preferred a hardtop, as to the SD1, I just like them. Sadly, I know its fate is probably to repower something else.
Note: Please send us as many photos as you can! Photo captions are great too. www.britishv8.org

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.