Other Cars (British & British-Inspired)

a place to discuss all our other favorite cars, especially the modified and/or V8 ones

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

JaguarE_TYPE
John Ravenscroft
Chelsea, England
(2 posts)

06/24/2011 01:54PM

Main British Car:
1962 Jaguar E-Type Jaguar V8

Vredestein Sprint Classic
Posted by: JaguarE_TYPE
Date: June 24, 2011 02:05PM

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to pick up some Vredestein Sprint Classic tires. I love the vintage look, and my tires are far past worn. I like these because they look authentic to the car, and they are also relatively inexpensive.
Here's the link to the place i'm thinking about getting them from: [www.tiresbyweb.com]
Has anyone had any experience with these tires? I'd like some feedback on the overall quality and feel of these on older model vehicles.
Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks!

302GT
Larry Shimp

(241 posts)

11/17/2007 01:13PM

Main British Car:
1968 MGB GT Ford 302 crate engine

authors avatar
Re: Vredestein Sprint Classic
Posted by: 302GT
Date: July 10, 2011 08:42PM

I have these on my 1958 Alfa Romeo. They are fine considering they are the original size (165 width and a tall profile). I also have a set on my modified Morris Minor Traveler (high powered 1275 engine, 5 speed transmission) and they do well in that application even though the width is slightly wide for the original wheels (I have 165 tires where the originals were 145). Keep in mind that these are not performance tires, but are probably at least as good as the best street tires that were available for these cars during the 1960's and early 70's. The good news is that they can be driven aggressively with a controlled breakaway and little squeel. But it is important to keep the pressure at 30 or preferably 35 pounds to get the best results. Ride quality is excelent, road noise is minimal, tracking is excelllent, and the tires balance well.

Of course my cars are much lighter and lower powered than a Jaguar E-type (if that is what you are putting the tires on).

JaguarE_TYPE
John Ravenscroft
Chelsea, England
(2 posts)

06/24/2011 01:54PM

Main British Car:
1962 Jaguar E-Type Jaguar V8

Re: Vredestein Sprint Classic
Posted by: JaguarE_TYPE
Date: July 26, 2011 05:10PM

Thanks so much for the response!

I just got the tyres and they are great. They really keep the vintage look on my 62 E-type. Thanks for the info about the tyre pressure. I'll be sure to keep an eye on it and keep it anywhere from 30-35 PSI. I must say, these tyres are amazing!

cheers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.