Other Cars (British & British-Inspired)

a place to discuss all our other favorite cars, especially the modified and/or V8 ones

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Kinstowan
Jonathan Watkinson

(1 posts)

06/02/2013 06:30AM

Main British Car:

Morgan +8 won't start
Posted by: Kinstowan
Date: June 02, 2013 06:43AM

Once upon a time.... 2 weeks ago I got it out of garage no probs. Went to set off for day out and would not start. Bumped it, no joy. It turns over but no spark and no fuel. It is a 3.9 1999 . Any suggestions most welcome.

88v8
Ivor Duarte
Gloucestershire UK
(1041 posts)

02/11/2010 04:29AM

Main British Car:
1974 Land Rover Lightweight V8

Re: Morgan +8 won't start
Posted by: 88v8
Date: June 04, 2013 04:21AM

Injection or carb? If no spark nor fuel, sounds like it would be electrical. I'd check all the fuses , but if it's as overcomplex as most modern cars, I think I'd soon be tearing my hair out.
Good luck.

Ivor

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Morgan +8 won't start
Posted by: Moderator
Date: June 04, 2013 03:33PM

You said it's a 1999. Does it have a check engine light and/or a diagnostic connector?

"no spark and no fuel" - I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. What method did you use to test for spark? What method did you use to test for fuel? My intuition also says that it's an electrical issue, and the way to troubleshoot them is usually/generally to start from the battery and see how far along various circuits power is getting. Blown fuse? Failed switch? Bad relay? Decoupled wire harness connector? Hopefully it'll be something simple and cheap like that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.