Other Cars (British & British-Inspired)

a place to discuss all our other favorite cars, especially the modified and/or V8 ones

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

1fast02
Thomas Stout
Go Vols
(2 posts)

01/20/2017 07:07PM

Main British Car:
1968 XKE none as of now

V8 jaguar XKE
Posted by: 1fast02
Date: January 20, 2017 07:24PM

Hello all. I am new to this forum. I have a 1968 XKE FHC. It is in fair shape, no motor or trans, I want to put a supercharged coyote Ford crate motor in it with a six speed trans and a new suspension under it. If anyone has undertaken such a project please let me know or if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know. I'm sure it will be a long process.. so all help is appreciated. Thanks

BWA

(344 posts)

04/13/2010 08:13PM

Main British Car:

Re: V8 jaguar XKE
Posted by: BWA
Date: January 20, 2017 08:52PM

Welcome to the forum Thomas.
Your project sounds like a very interesting project.
I suggest you look at the following project thread:
[forum.britishv8.org]
This is a Gm LS engine going into a 65 FHC so it is not exactly what you are looking for but I am sure it will help.
There are four installments and there is lots more work to be done. Not much has happened for a while as Ken must have other stuff on his plate.
Send Ken a pm and he will be glad to help you with some of the things to look at.
Also please post photos so we can see what you are doing so we can give you advice along the way.
Looking forward to seeing progress on your project.

Cheers
Byron

Mickey Richaud
Mickey Richaud
Townsend TN
(198 posts)

08/25/2015 06:36AM

Main British Car:
'03 Jaguar XK8 Jaguar 4.2

Posted by: Mickey Richaud
Date: January 21, 2017 06:14AM

Welcome, Thomas -

I see from the "Go Vols" tag here, and the area code in your other post that you're in Tennessee. Come on up to Townsend this fall for our informal gathering and you'll be able to meet up with some of us and check out lots of examples in one place. Here's a thread from last year's meet: [forum.britishv8.org]. Don't know how the Talley Ho's reservations are for that weekend, but they usually fill up pretty early.

Best,
Mickey

TR6-6SPD
Ken Hiebert
Toronto Ontario
(255 posts)

04/23/2008 11:43AM

Main British Car:
1972 TR6 1994 5.7 L GM LT1

authors avatar
Posted by: TR6-6SPD
Date: January 22, 2017 10:01AM

Hi Thomas,
The link is there that Bryon provided and yes, as you said, "it's a long process".
And Bryon is correct, not much has been done on that project recently since I have a few other things on my plate that need wrapping up first. Patience.
Ken

Dan B
Dan Blackwood
South Charleston, WV
(1007 posts)

11/06/2007 01:55PM

Main British Car:
1966 TR4A, 1980 TR7 Multiport EFI MegaSquirt on the TR4A. Lexus V8 pl

authors avatar
Posted by: Dan B
Date: January 22, 2017 10:56AM

Why wait until Fall? Lewisburg is not that far from Tennessee....[www.britishv8.org]

smitty53
Michael Smith

(1 posts)

03/30/2017 03:52AM

Main British Car:

Posted by: smitty53
Date: March 31, 2017 01:33AM

Hi, Smitty here, as I am new I will keep it short. I owned and built a 1966 xke convertible with a 327 small block chevy in 1969. I live near Chicago Il. I have always wondered why more guys do not do as I did, which is to drop the two square subframe tubes rather than jam a ford 302 in as far as they can until the spark plug wires are jammed against the stock position. It is easy to cut and drop these and if any one ever wanted to go back to stock - save the two pieces and gas weld them back later, or replace with stock pieces This allows you to get any small block down and back. Thus getting a straight line back to the Very strong jag IRS. I even used the stock 4.2 trans with an adapter plate to the gm bell housing. Read up on how much over building went into the original drive train. This setup was going to be ready to take over 750 hp and 500 lb-ft of torque. Jag departed racing due to the bad press of the fatal crash at Lemans in 55 thus never getting the high hp v-12 that was in the works for jags future. I had 465 hp at the rear wheels and drove the car like a madman for 25 years until I sold it - which I still regret! So many of the conversions would look and act so much better if the new engines were down and back. Enough for now. Lots more for anyone ready for a better way. The welded upper subframe NEVER failed and top speed never was achieved as at 142 mph the steering virtually went away due to air trapped under bonnet lifting the car horribly. I know now what I would do to kill that problem but I will end this madness for now. Cheers, Smitty
I

I

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.