Other Cars (British & British-Inspired)

a place to discuss all our other favorite cars, especially the modified and/or V8 ones

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
New to the gallery: Merv's E-type!
Posted by: Moderator
Date: January 14, 2011 02:36AM

A lot of you guys know and love Merv. He's that handsome gentleman at our annual meets who has enough self confidence to make a pink t-shirt look good, sortof. And probably most of you know Merv's handsome Ford Boss 302 powered MGB. (Boss 302 engines combined the strength of the Windsor bottom end with the better breathing of Cleveland-style cylinder heads.) Now check out Merv's beautiful Jaguar E-type!

Link: Merv Hagen's 1973 Jaguar Series III E-Type with Ford Windsor V8 (351cid)

Teaser photo:
http://www.britishv8.org/Other/MervHagen-Jaguar/MervHagen-Jaguar-E.jpg

jellison
Jon Ellison

(52 posts)

04/27/2010 08:09AM

Main British Car:

Re: New to the gallery: Merv's E-type!
Posted by: jellison
Date: February 07, 2011 09:06AM

Different and looks nicely done.

Has it got alloy head to get some of that weight out (V12 with the SOHC all alloy and pretty light).

Good idea on getting the Auto pulled out and a proper 4 speeder popped in.

Good luck and Enjoy.

Merv
Merv Hagen
IL
(104 posts)

05/21/2008 05:48PM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB Buick 215 T-5 Trans

Posted by: Merv
Date: February 08, 2011 01:31PM

Jon, Jaguar V12 weighs in at around 680 LB and even with Iron heads 351 Ford est. weight is around 525 LB.

I am not exactly sure if the Manual Trans is more efficient but I agree that it is sure a lot more FUN.

Still just trying to get all systems working as they should, before any major modifications. But still having FUN and it is a great way to keep Cabin Fever away during our Chicago winters.

Merv

slow_M
Bernard Holzberg

(59 posts)

07/18/2008 11:12AM

Main British Car:
1975 TVR M series Ford 331

Posted by: slow_M
Date: February 08, 2011 11:05PM

Posted by: Moderator
...Boss 302 engines combined the strength of the Windsor bottom end with the better breathing of Cleveland-style cylinder heads...

Curtis,

the Boss 302 has, by definition, a four bolt main bottom end. The "regular" production Windsor block has two bolt mains. That's why this racing version was able to turn as high as it did. In addition, the 5/16" rod bolts are a weakness on the Windsor bottom end and have to be upgraded for serious high performance use.

B.

Merv,

Nice cars. The E should have sweet handling, when you're done. 2.88 should give it damn long legs. Sorry I didn't get to see your toys when I lived out that way.

B.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2011 11:46PM by slow_M.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.