Project Journals

create a diary for your project and show us your progress, with up to 100 photos!

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

ssmb
Steve Schmidt
Lee's Summit, MO
(2 posts)

09/10/2009 10:57AM

Main British Car:
59 AH 3000, 70 TR GT6 (racecar)

AH 3000 302
Posted by: ssmb
Date: September 10, 2009 11:51AM

Hello Everyone. My name is Steve Schmidt and I live in Lee's Summit, Missouri. About three weeks ago I was finishing up a race car project and was starting to think about a new project to start. I was looking at Factory Five Cobra kits when my son-in-law reminded me That I had the perfect project in storage, a 1959 AH 3000. It seemed to snowball from there.
A little background on the car. It was built and raced by Bob Battershell in SCCA events in the midwest in the sixties, with much success. Before I got my drivers license I would ride my bike to his shop and hang out. He offered to sell me the car in 1971, and my Dad loaned me the money. I raced it from 1972 thru 1976, when I put it in storage. In the mid eighties I decided to race it again in vintage events. I sent the engine's rotating assembly to a machine shop, who promptly lost it all! The car went back into storage until three weeks ago. My son in law Matt Britton drug it out of storage and started the ball rolling.

Our plans are:
Engine: Ford 302
Gearbox: tbd
Suspension: coilover, disc brakes on all 4 corners
Interior: as much carbon fiber as possible

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: AH 3000 302
Posted by: Moderator
Date: August 02, 2010 12:00PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.