Project Journals

create a diary for your project and show us your progress, with up to 100 photos!

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

LindBrosRacing
Riley

(1 posts)

03/16/2013 02:06PM

Main British Car:

Jensen Healey Rover V8 Project
Posted by: LindBrosRacing
Date: March 16, 2013 02:16PM

Hey all, my dad and I are huge Jensen Healey buffs. He used to be a mechanic for them, then raced Lee Mueller's old car for a few years before I came into this world. Now he races it at some vintage races around the midwest.

I'm posting here because we bought someone else's Rover V8 swap project. It was done alright, but right now we're going through and making sure it's done right and looks good. During the winter of 2011-2012 we focused on the interior/exterior, doing a carpet set and painting a lot of the body. This spring we are planning on doing the under-body and engine to clean it up and make sure it looks/sounds/handles like it should.

Owner: Pat Lind
City: Iowa City, IA
Car Model: Jensen Healey
Engine: Rover V8
Transmission: Borg Warner 5-speed

Photos: Go to our website, where I have a ton of photos of our progress. To keep this readable, I'm trying to minimize the photos on the post.

[lindbros.wordpress.com]

You can keep up with it at our website below, but I'll try to come back here and post occasionally.

This is the car after last fall. We had it painted, installed dynamat and a new carpet kit, and cleaned most parts within an inch of its life. The exterior looked good, but we hadn't done much under the hood or body, so it still didn't drive very well.
Jensen V8.jpg

We've been attacking under the hood. We took out the front and rear, as well as the engine. We're going to get everything stripped/coated, and make sure everything goes back in with plenty of clearance. We don't think the original builder did a good job of that, so we'll have some work to do on this.
Jensen Healey Rover V8.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2013 08:26PM by LindBrosRacing.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Jensen Healey Rover V8 Project
Posted by: Moderator
Date: June 14, 2013 02:15PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.