Project Journals

create a diary for your project and show us your progress, with up to 100 photos!

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

somepunk22
Dan Goffman

(1 posts)

07/09/2016 12:25PM

Main British Car:

Frogette: LS powered 1960 Bugeye
Posted by: somepunk22
Date: July 09, 2016 12:30PM

I was told to start a thread here as we have a slightly bonkers build going on.
This build will only contain the body of a 1960 Sprite... that's slightly modified. Please feel free to correct me on all incorrect items/terms. New to Sprite's and Brits, but not cars.

Almost everything else is all custom. Here is our story. We do engineering design and fab work for the off-road industry. Our neighbor has been getting into the restomod world. His friend had a 1960 Bugeye Sprite out rotting in a field. He found a buyer that wanted to stuff a small block V8 under the hood and sent him to my neighbor for the updates. My neighbor put his foot down, and said we wouldn't feel comfortable putting that much power into a vehicle with minimal chassis, suspension, and brakes. I was called, and from there everything spiraled wildly out of control and the Frogette was born. Full custom chassis and suspension with a Sprite body set on top was the verdict. We are already under way with the build. I'll try to catch everyone up. Cheers!
Frogette_060116.JPG

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Frogette: LS powered 1960 Bugeye
Posted by: Moderator
Date: August 27, 2016 12:24PM

a

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.