Project Journals

create a diary for your project and show us your progress, with up to 100 photos!

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

zoom
Dennis Wade

(1 posts)

01/17/2011 05:53PM

Main British Car:

Turbo TBird 2300 cc motor in 1974 MG-B
Posted by: zoom
Date: February 15, 2011 03:38PM

I am in the process of installing a 1988 Ford Turbo TBird engine and 5 speed Trans. into a 1974 MG-B. The work started last fall and is nearing completion sometime in March 2011. Then the engine will be removed for a complete rebuild and the body goes to a paint shop in Frederick, Maryland.
I have been collecting parts( a donner TBird) wiring conversion kit from Ron Francis, for several years. After starting my conversion I was directed to Tim O'Brien who did a simular conversion except he used a Merkur XR4 turbo motor from a front wheel drive car with an entirely different sump than a TBird uses( rear wheel drive) He was very helpful with the posted photographs on his work. Since the oil pan on the TBird is completly different from the XR4 I had to remove the heater and heater shelf so I could gain more room installing the engine . It now fits back approx. 4 inches back into the firewall so the weight distribution will be excellent. I will get some photographs together and list them on the web site when I get some help posting .

Dennis Wade
301-831-8661 in Maryland

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Turbo TBird 2300 cc motor in 1974 MG-B
Posted by: Moderator
Date: March 14, 2011 09:10PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.