Project Journals

create a diary for your project and show us your progress, with up to 100 photos!

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Mark Penny
Ontario, Canada
(9 posts)

05/22/2011 09:11PM

Main British Car:
1973 Triumph TR6/V6 3800 S/C

TR6 Pontiac Supercharged V6 L67 (Arrowhead)
Posted by: mypenname
Date: June 21, 2011 04:50PM

Owner: Mark Penny
City: Caledonia, On
Car Model: 1973 TR6
Engine: 99 Pontiac L67 V6 3800

Exhaust: Custom Headers and 2 1/2" dual exhaust

Transmission: T5 from a 99 V6 Camaro

Rear Axle: Nissan R200 with CV axles from good parts

Front Susp.: stock with coil overs

Rear Susp.: coil over

Body Mods: Complete custom frame

This is how it looked before I started work. It didn't look to bad

Until I started to take the fenders off

Test fitting the motor

Motor mockup and headers

I decided not to try fixing up the old TR6 frame but instead build a completely new frame from scratch. Most of the frame is made from 3/16 x 3 x 3 square tubing. It will be heaver then the old frame but should not have any problems handling the new power plant.

I am still mocking up the frame. The small piece of tube in the center of the frame is also temporary and will be replaced.

Showing the coil over shocks and R200 diff mount. The 1 x 2 bar on the back of the R200 diff is just for mock up. I am using some CV shafts from Good parts

I am trying to keep the diff a low as possible. I bent a couple pieces of 3 x 3 tubing for the uprights so that they follow the angle of the frame and diff mount.

I made some scratch built motor mounts.I started with a piece of 1/4 x 3 flat bar for the motor plates and some 1-3/8 x .120 wall tubing with a couple rubber bushings.

Using a piece of cardboard to design the legs

For the leg piece I started with some 2 x 2 3/16 wall square tubing and cut it on the band saw. I also made a hole for access to the lower bolt on the motor plate.

I am in the process of modifying the tail housing of my T5 Transmission to allow the shifter to be located in the TR6 factory location.

I am making a coupling and housing that will allow any standard factory or aftermarket shifter to be used.
cut out part of the shifter selector shaft tunnel.

Machined up a new shifter housing.

This week I started working on shorting the nose of the M90 Gen V supercharger .

I turned down a new shaft that is about 4 shorter then the original.

Pressed on the bearing. The knurling on the shaft holds the drive flange

Drive flange pressed on.

I cut down the housing on the mill and machined the new bearing pocket.

Finished machining the parts.

Test fitting the shortened supercharger.

Time to start on the jack shaft and pulleys.


Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2012 07:00AM by mypenname.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: TR6 Pontiac Supercharged V6 L67 (Arrowhead)
Posted by: Moderator
Date: August 22, 2012 05:28PM


Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.