Project Journals

create a diary for your project and show us your progress, with up to 100 photos!

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In


mypenname
Mark Penny
Ontario, Canada
(9 posts)

Registered:
05/22/2011 09:11PM

Main British Car:
1973 Triumph TR6/V6 3800 S/C http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/

TR6 Pontiac Supercharged V6 L67 (Arrowhead)
Posted by: mypenname
Date: June 21, 2011 04:50PM

Owner: Mark Penny
[mpenny.com]
City: Caledonia, On
Car Model: 1973 TR6
Engine: 99 Pontiac L67 V6 3800

Exhaust: Custom Headers and 2 1/2" dual exhaust

Transmission: T5 from a 99 V6 Camaro

Rear Axle: Nissan R200 with CV axles from good parts

Front Susp.: stock with coil overs

Rear Susp.: coil over


Body Mods: Complete custom frame

This is how it looked before I started work. It didn't look to bad

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/frontrightside.jpg

Until I started to take the fenders off
http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/img-69481280x853-thumb1.jpg


http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/tr60611280x853-thumb.jpg


http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/tr60531280x853-thumb.jpg

Test fitting the motor

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/img-89951.jpg

Motor mockup and headers

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/img-1759.jpg


I decided not to try fixing up the old TR6 frame but instead build a completely new frame from scratch. Most of the frame is made from 3/16 x 3 x 3 square tubing. It will be heaver then the old frame but should not have any problems handling the new power plant.

I am still mocking up the frame. The small piece of tube in the center of the frame is also temporary and will be replaced.


http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tr6-new-frame-1.jpg

Showing the coil over shocks and R200 diff mount. The 1 x 2 bar on the back of the R200 diff is just for mock up. I am using some CV shafts from Good parts

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tr6-new-frame-2-thumb.jpg

I am trying to keep the diff a low as possible. I bent a couple pieces of 3 x 3 tubing for the uprights so that they follow the angle of the frame and diff mount.
http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tr6-new-frame-3-thumb.jpg

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tr6-new-frame-6-thumb.jpg


I made some scratch built motor mounts.I started with a piece of 1/4 x 3 flat bar for the motor plates and some 1-3/8 x .120 wall tubing with a couple rubber bushings.

Using a piece of cardboard to design the legs

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tr6-motor-mount-1-thumb.jpg

For the leg piece I started with some 2 x 2 3/16 wall square tubing and cut it on the band saw. I also made a hole for access to the lower bolt on the motor plate.

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tr6-motor-mount-2-thumb.jpg


http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tr6-motor-mount-3-thumb.jpg


http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tr6-motor-mount-4-thumb.jpg


I am in the process of modifying the tail housing of my T5 Transmission to allow the shifter to be located in the TR6 factory location.

I am making a coupling and housing that will allow any standard factory or aftermarket shifter to be used.
http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/t5-tail-housing-thumb1.jpg
cut out part of the shifter selector shaft tunnel.

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/cutout-selector-shaft-thumb.jpg

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/selector-shaft-test-fit-thumb.jpg

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/selector-shaft-test-fit2-thumb.jpg

Machined up a new shifter housing.

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/T5-Shifter-Relocation-Housing-2_thumb.jpg

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/T5-Shifter-Relocation-Housing-1_thumb.jpg

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/T5-Shifter-Relocation-Housi_thumb.jpg

This week I started working on shorting the nose of the M90 Gen V supercharger .

I turned down a new shaft that is about 4 shorter then the original.

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/new-supercharger-shaft_thumb.jpg

Pressed on the bearing. The knurling on the shaft holds the drive flange

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/bearing-supercharger-shaft_thumb.jpg

Drive flange pressed on.

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/supercharger-shaft-2_thumb.jpg

I cut down the housing on the mill and machined the new bearing pocket.

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/supercharger-nose-1_thumb.jpg

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/supercharger-nose-machine_thumb.jpg

Finished machining the parts.

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/supercharger-nose-parts_thumb.jpg

Test fitting the shortened supercharger.

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/supercharger-test-fit_thumb.jpg

Time to start on the jack shaft and pulleys.

http://mpenny.com/arrowhead/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/supercharger-mockup-belt_thumb.jpg

[img][/img]



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2012 07:00AM by mypenname.


Moderator
Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4478 posts)

Registered:
10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: TR6 Pontiac Supercharged V6 L67 (Arrowhead)
Posted by: Moderator
Date: August 22, 2012 05:28PM

.


Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.