Project Journals

create a diary for your project and show us your progress, with up to 100 photos!

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

JGug1
Jim Guglielmino
Pagosa Springs, CO, Kansas City, KS
(10 posts)

04/22/2012 07:23PM

Main British Car:
TR3, TR4, TR7, MGB-GT/215 V8, Mercedes Benz C Clas Numerous

Build Journal For 1972 MGB GT
Posted by: JGug1
Date: March 08, 2019 08:45PM

I was excited to find this GT. Historically, I have been wanting to build turbo Ford 2.3 MGB. That wish has evolved over several years. I finally have arrived at a GT because of the extra room behind the seats. (I don't enjoy touring without bringing my dog, so my TR7 is less than desirable and an MGB roadster would be just as unsatisfactory. I found this car through one of the other MGB sites and traveled to Ava, Illinois to get it. The plan is to use a turbo 2.3 Ford engine from a 1988 Thunderbird with a T5 transmission and a modified Mustang/T-Bird rear end to gain access to various gears and Ford LSD and disc brakes. I have Porsche heated, powered seats to put in and will use a cruise control, add powered windows and powered side view mirrors and other amenities that come to mind. The front suspension will be as shown, a custom unit with power steering. The rear suspension will be custom, as well. I plan on flared fenders using VW flares. I am not attracted to wide flares. The VW gives a very nice mild flare that will allow larger tires. I have the intercooler and the engine and the front suspension. I plan to have my shop get the car running with its 1800 cc B engine as I would like to do as much preliminary cleaning and prepping as I am able before turning the car over to the shop, Empire Automotive, in Kansas City, KS.
(Don't know why I can't attach more pictures, but I can't)
GT at Bill's place.jpg

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Build Journal For 1972 MGB GT
Posted by: Moderator
Date: April 03, 2020 05:03PM

@

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.