Rootes Group Cars

a place for Sunbeam, Hillman, Humber, Singer, and Talbot performance enthusiasts

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Charlie Cheap
Charles Johns

(11 posts)

03/12/2014 07:21PM

Main British Car:

Sunbeam with 2.3 Ford and A4LD
Posted by: Charlie Cheap
Date: February 05, 2015 09:34AM

Okay I am back. After a bad head gasket on the 200 six Mustang and fixing "honey-do's" I am back on the sporty car. I realize I joined almost a year ago so I will be donating again soon and hopefully posting pictures of progress. The engine compartment is small so I am wondering if anyone has had problems keeping things cool under the hood. My 65 Mustang six gets hot and sometimes percolates/vapor-locks the little one barrel...even with a heat sink under it and six blade flex fan. Just wondering how others fixed their heat problems!?

Charlie Cheap
Charles Johns

(11 posts)

03/12/2014 07:21PM

Main British Car:

Re: Sunbeam with 2.3 Ford and A4LD
Posted by: Charlie Cheap
Date: February 05, 2015 09:55AM

I forgot to say I got the A4LD with lockup torque converter so a button on the shifter will be used to lock it up once in 4th gear. A computer did it automatically in the Mustang but the Beam will not have electronics. My degree is in electronics and after 30 or so years chasing electrons I am done with that stuff! You can't see the little buggers without special tools but mechanical stuff is visual! Those points are burned! That rotor is bent! The plugs are fouled! The high-speed jet is plugged! After hooking up a code-reader one might be pointed in the right direction with computer controlled injection/timing but even then "Is it the O2 sensor, or is the computer on the fritz THINKING it is the O2 sensor?" Anyway, at best I will have a magnetic triggered distributor but keep POINTS in the trunk...just in case!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.