Dave D.
David Deerson

(1 posts)

12/01/2013 04:14PM

Main British Car:

MG B-GT sebring V6
Posted by: Dave D.
Date: December 01, 2013 04:50PM

Well the time has come where I have finally admitted to myself that it's time to move on..
After trying to balance a business,growing family,home ownership, and a racing habit/hobby/addiction, I just can't find the time to get the car out and use anymore. So it is probably best to let it go to someone who will give the attention and driving it needs. It hasn't been used much in the last 6-7 years,but I got it running this past summer in hopes of getting to some shows like "MGs on the Rocks", but that never happened. So here we go.....

Up for sale is my 1972 MGB-GT Sebring replica that I have owned for over 20 years and have driven to many shows and events up and down the East Coast. The body and paintwork was done in 2001 and still looks great. the color is 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora green. The interior has Fiero buckets recovered in Ferrari tan leather with Boston Acoustics headrest speakers.
The engine is a 2.8l out of a 1987 Camaro and was totally rebuilt(pistons,rings,reconditioned rods, balanced rods and crank,etc..)to stock specs. Engine management is a stock ECM(for 1987 2.8"S" engine Camaro) with the wire harness built by me using all original GM wires/colors for simple diagnostics using stock GM wire diagrams. A diagnostic connector is under the instrument panel for link up to a scanner.
The transmission is a V6 T-5 unit I bought BRAND NEW from GM when I re-rebuilt the car in 2001. A stock Camaro slave unit is used for the clutch.
The rear axle is a Chrysler 8 3/4 unit with 3.24 ratio gears for great highway cruising.Rear brakes are stock Chrysler 11in drums.
The front suspension is a coilover setup with custom drop spindles. The shock damping is adjustable.The upper and lower control arms are Jet-Hot bright silver coated for durability. Large Wilwood 12in rotors and billet Dynalite calipers make up the front brakes.
The rear suspension has composite leaves with tube shocks.
Wheels are Revolution with PSE Engineering knockoff simulators.
The car has always been a reliable,smooth driving long distance tourer. Most of the shows I participated in were 1 to 4 hours each way and this car loved the highway.
It hurts to me to let it go after so long,but seeing it sitting covered in a garage,unused hurts even more.
I'm asking $15,000 obo and can be reached at the numbers below:

Dave Deerson
shop:732-257-2664
cell:908-208-2360
039.JPG
041.JPG
043.JPG
047.JPG

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.