Ithaca NY
(1 posts)

03/22/2013 12:35PM

Main British Car:

Great 75 MGB Rover V8 for sale. $9500
Posted by: Greg Shaw
Date: May 01, 2014 03:16PM

Hi

I am selling my 1975 MGB with an aluminum Buick/Rover 215 V8 and Borg Warner T5 transmission. The car received a full conversion from D & D Fabrications (http://aluminumv8.com) in 2001. The car had a Moss chrome bumper kit installed some time in the 90’s and was lowered to chrome bumper height. It was resprayed in the awesomely awesome original MG Citron green some time before that.

This is a fantastic enthusiast’s driver that has some patina but is fully sorted and serviced with new tires, exhaust, and all fluids this week.

The car is in good cosmetic condition but does have a fair amount of normal aging or as I like to say, the right amount of patina. It looks like a ten or fifteen year old car should. It is originally from the southwest and there is no rust on the body or chassis. The interior is also in good condition and is mostly original with the exception of the seats which were reupholstered by the previous owner and are in good condition.

The paint is of high quality and shines well. There are a number of small dings and scratches. The most notable are pictured in photos. The hood has at least 4 or 5 small dings on it and would probably benefit from some paintless dent removal if you are bothered by those things. There is a dent under the magnetic MG emblem on the center of the hood. I think it looks fine the way it is. The convertible top is not new but looks good.

The worst parts of the car are the valences under the front and rear bumpers. These were installed with the chrome bumper kit and must have received an inferior paint job because there seems to be more surface scratches and rust on them than on the rest of the body. Take a look at the pictures to see what I am talking about. It really isn’t a problem since these are below the bumpers and difficult to see unless you are lying on the ground.

The only mechanical issue is a metallic clunk during some changes in acceleration that seems to be coming from the chassis or maybe the transmission support.

Some highlights:

Completely new drivetrain, (engine, transmission, cooling) from D & D in 2001
Updated Rocker Arm reinforcement stands
Performance Crower Cam
Newer Edelbrock carburator
New tires this week (the old ones are in the pictures but the new ones are in the video).
Just services with all new fluids.
New exhaust
American Racing alloys.
Newer windshield
Upgraded suspension bushings
New thrust washers and bushings in differential

Car is located in Ithaca NY 14850

Video at [youtu.be]

Over 50 pics at [www.flickr.com]
B1.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.