Current Page: 2 of 2

mcce
Mike Masters
Woodstock, Ga
(7 posts)

10/18/2007 12:32PM

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Re: Post Your 2008 Commitments Here-- What's Your Agenda?
Posted by: mcce
Date: February 06, 2008 07:51PM

MGBV8 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "...a trip to the Tahitian Islands"
>
> I wanna go!!!!!!
Hi Carl!

Lets get a Customer there... and who knows-- He will Fly you in there with Room & Board ;-)

Cheers!
Mike

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: February 07, 2008 02:54PM

Kumho V710s are probably not appropriate for driving to Wisconsin from Colorado...
but they'd be a lot of fun for the British V8 autocross!!!
http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/kumho/ku_ecsta_v710_ci2_l.jpg
bonus: they come in 205/50/15 too
downside: they cost twice as much

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4511 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: February 07, 2008 03:10PM

Yeah, they're R compound tires. Great race rubber!

Mr. T
Tony Andrews
Kent Island, Maryland
(153 posts)

10/23/2007 03:59PM

Main British Car:
'75 mgb, '74 grille, morspeed bumpers Rover 3.9

authors avatar
Posted by: Mr. T
Date: February 07, 2008 08:18PM

Curtis

You must be chompin at the bit to get those new tires/wheels on. Why does looking, researching, looking, analyzing, looking, contemplating and looking at potentialy purchasing new wheels and tires get the blood flowing - I've lost track of how many times I have been to the tire rack site! My MG came with GB 14X6j minilites (also on wheel .03 - I guess this denotes offset of 30mm?) with 185/70 dunlops :-( . Konig has just come out with some really nice replica minilites called REWIND in 14/7, 15/7 (only 14.6 lbs.) & 16/7 (only 0 offset for now - several for miata pattern) and are affordable $!. Hoping to keep my 14/6 for track tires and run h or v rated summer radials (kumho, goodrich t/a, falken, sumutomo) on 15/7 or 16/7, although I'm leaning towards the 16" (17's weigh to much and the tires are way to expensive) since the majority of cars roll out of the dealer with the latter - figure they'll be making tires for awhile. Well, I'm goin to try to keep myself in check and wait till after BV8-2008, get some ideas, hopefully convince Steve Carrick to bring his fender rolling devise (may be a few guys interested in using this rather than a bat - whoever uses can slip him some dinero to help offset his purchase price) and then make a final (hah) decision!

DC Townsend
David Townsend
Vermont
(406 posts)

11/21/2007 12:22PM

Main British Car:
'78 B (almost done) 30-over SBF, dry sump

authors avatar
Posted by: DC Townsend
Date: February 11, 2008 11:36AM

Have completed the build sheet for my MGB V8 project - Ford 302, T5 - and started acquiring parts (mostly engine related). Fortunately I have quite a few left over from my most recent project - FFR Cobra - so I have something of a head start in the engine build area. Other than that, I'm lurking around eBay Motors, Hemmings, and other sites for a decent deal on a donor 'B'. I can't really do too much until the spring when the Cobra will be heading for a new home. Only space enough to work on one project at a time so I have to clear out the old until I can bring in the new. Motivation for the 'B' is provided for the desire (after 4 years of driving without them) for a few amenities that current ride just doesn't (and can't) provide - roll up windows to name one. Also looking forward to something nearer to weather tight (a relative term on a British car to be sure) than the Cobra. I like to drive my projects and the romance of a good soaking during a rain storm began to wear off after the third or fourth time.

Mr. T
Tony Andrews
Kent Island, Maryland
(153 posts)

10/23/2007 03:59PM

Main British Car:
'75 mgb, '74 grille, morspeed bumpers Rover 3.9

authors avatar
Posted by: Mr. T
Date: February 11, 2008 02:13PM

"Also looking forward to something nearer to weather tight (a relative term on a British car to be sure) than the Cobra. I like to drive my projects and the romance of a good soaking during a rain storm began to wear off after the third or fourth time."

Amen! That's why I bought a B conversion last year and will be selling my motorcycle soon.

Citron
Stephen DeGroat
Lugoff, SC
(367 posts)

10/23/2007 09:43PM

Main British Car:
1970 MGBGT V6, 7004R, AC, matching trailer 3.1 liter

Posted by: Citron
Date: February 11, 2008 03:51PM

Marc,
Sorry for the delay. I am using the stock rearend. I get about 22-25 MPG on the hiway. That is with the AC on and at 75-80 mph. I am doing a ford 8 inch with a 3.0 gear for it. Should be done in the next few weeks. Will make hiway work a little easier.
Now I run at 2900 at 80, with the 3.0 I should be at 2200 at 80. Gas mileage should go up. The original gear is a blast to drive, as it has good acceleration. 92-95 in the quater mile. But it is running out of steam by 100. 5600 rpm is 110. I need to change that because I run my car at Maxton, a standing start mile. I would like to hit 115-120 next time.

Steve

DC Townsend
David Townsend
Vermont
(406 posts)

11/21/2007 12:22PM

Main British Car:
'78 B (almost done) 30-over SBF, dry sump

authors avatar
Posted by: DC Townsend
Date: March 13, 2008 06:37PM

Motor is coming together. Keith Craft block (balanced and blueprinted .30 over 302), Weiand Stealth intake, Autolite 4100 spreadbore (heavily worked), Edelbrock Performer RPM heads (2.03, 1.90), Comp cams lifters, cam, pushrods and roller rockers. Should make some decent power. Was able to pick up a fresh WC T-5 and a '95 bellhousing. Happy with the progress.

Progress on other fronts as well. Sebring wings and valance in house. Aluminum MGC hood in house. Numerous bits and pieces acquired. Still struggling with the wheel thing - want 16" spline-drive Superlites but am waiting on them to get the bugs worked out of the backset issues. No rush, but I hope it's soon.

Pics in a month or two when the garage is cleared and I have something to show for the winter's work.

Cheers,
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.