Sidcup UK
(361 posts)

11/18/2007 10:38AM

Main British Car:
1975 MGB GT Rover V8 4.35L

Progress 4.35L 265CI Rover Engine
Posted by: castlesid
Date: January 14, 2008 03:04PM

Well it's all now coming together, have now collected all the major parts to build the engine, I have the 77mm/3.0" crank, 3.9 block a set of 5.85" heavy duty rods with ARP bolts. and have just recieved a Crower 50232 cam and Crane hi rev lifters which should match the flow of the 300 heads nicely. Just waiting for the Chevy 305 3.736" pistons to arrive from over your side of the water, got them from Summit who were extremely helpful, and cheaper than I could buy them from over here,even after import duty and our dreaded VAT (value added tax)!! should be with me in a couple of weeks as they were special order in standard size.

I can then get all the internals balanced,including a front pulley and SD1 flywheel which was generously donated by a member of another BBS, I was going to use the flywheel and front pulley off my 3.5 engine and thought I could get them neutraly balanced and bolt them on when we do the engine swap, however the balancing people said they wanted all the rotating parts at the same time including the clutch which apparently can be way out of balance, so will need to buy another clutch any way.
The nice surprise when I picked up the flywheel was to find out it had been lightened and balanced already, so that should make things a little simpler.

Took the heads down to the engineering place thats doing the bore and hone on the block, they checked the valve guides and seats for me and said the guides were fine and that the seats would not need to be changed and would be hard enough, so I'm just going to get them to do a three angle valve job and cut the seats for the 1.4" ex.valves bullet the guides and machine the top side down 100thou. for clearance with the Crower cam, and that's about it for the moment.

Kevin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.